Tuesday at 4:30pm. How does anyone around the ATL deal with this?

Ha!!!! Every time I drive down to the flatlands (what I call Cherokee and below) I laugh at the crap y'all deal with every day. Worst thing we have up here is waiting for some deer to cross the road (not counting when the wife makes you drive up for the fall festivals, err, I mean, junk sales, then we have to deal with your brand of driving.
Is Ball Ground 'the flatlands' or is it "Baby Mountains"?

I didn’t leave till after 1830, got into midtown around 1945-2000?
Not horrible, then the rain west of Atl was life threatening.
Idiots driving with their hazard lights on.
There aren't many traffic laws that I wish would be added, but outlawing hazard light use during rain is probably at the top of the list of things they should add

Sign me up! Lol I got laid off so I’m scrambling to find something.
Ones an adjuster for progressive
And the other is a agent for State Farm

Both positions require a college degree .

Doesn’t matter what the degree is , just gotta have one .

You know , to prove you’re smart and capable of have a phone conversation with customers .

Dawsonville to the Suntrust tower for about 9 years before COVID. $175k base is very persuasive.

Traffic is obnoxious but getting to work by 630 and leaving at 330 every day made it fine.

Some of y'all are giant babies.

My wife drove from Smyrna to Stone Mountain everyday for many years

Started when our son was born ,
She got offered a job with a pretty decent salary and they said those magic words :
“ and you can bring your baby to work with you “

And it was 6 hours a day instead of 8 ,
So once he got old enough for kindergarten she’s drop him off in Smyrna , drive to Stone Mountain, do the work of two or three people and drive back on time to pick him up .

She got tired of the drive and found a closer job , and got asked to come back to clean up the books and train the new hire , about every 8 or 9 months .

About the third time they just called and asked how much do we gotta pay you to get you to come back and work here again ?
She mentioned the traffic was much worse , and the gas prices had doubled etc and named a figure that she thought was outrageous high , and they didn’t even blink . Just asked when she could start back .

So she was back to the top end commute for a few more years till the place shut down .

She got a job close by and after a couple of years of doing their books knew that they were gonna be out of business and started sniffing around for another job ,
They found out about her job search and asked why , she said I’m your accountant and you guys are going broke, at the rate you’re losing money , in a year or less , you’ll be out of business, I’m not gonna wait and go down with the ship

They seemed stunned and didn’t believe her but she showed her bosses the books and apparently none of the owners had any clue they were losing so much money.

They were indeed out of business in less than a year , or they had scaled back so much they might as well have been out of business.

My wife drove from Smyrna to Stone Mountain everyday for many years

Started when our son was born ,
She got offered a job with a pretty decent salary and they said those magic words :
“ and you can bring your baby to work with you “

And it was 6 hours a day instead of 8 ,
So once he got old enough for kindergarten she’s drop him off in Smyrna , drive to Stone Mountain, do the work of two or three people and drive back on time to pick him up .

She got tired of the drive and found a closer job , and got asked to come back to clean up the books and train the new hire , about every 8 or 9 months .

About the third time they just called and asked how much do we gotta pay you to get you to come back and work here again ?
She mentioned the traffic was much worse , and the gas prices had doubled etc and named a figure that she thought was outrageous high , and they didn’t even blink . Just asked when she could start back .

So she was back to the top end commute for a few more years till the place shut down .

She got a job close by and after a couple of years of doing their books knew that they were gonna be out of business and started sniffing around for another job ,
They found out about her job search and asked why , she said I’m your accountant and you guys are going broke, at the rate you’re losing money , in a year or less , you’ll be out of business, I’m not gonna wait and go down with the ship

They seemed stunned and didn’t believe her but she showed her bosses the books and apparently none of the owners had any clue they were losing so much money.

They were indeed out of business in less than a year , or they had scaled back so much they might as well have been out of business.
It’s usually the accountant who knows

Atlanta traffic has screwed me up twice on ODT deals and had to reschedule.

When I'm at work driving a company truck I don't care. I'll sit in traffic all day with the windows down blasting heavy metal and glancing at any hot chicks driving near by.

Back
Top Bottom