• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Truck for hauling?

At 10,000 lbs Toyota is out in my book or any 1500 series truck for that. No doubt they could pull it but how good and safe would be my concern. I would stir clear of the 6.0 and 6.4 for trucks and the bad thing with the new trucks being crazy high it's driving the price of used trucks up too. Good luck in your search.

I bought my Dodge 2500 Cummins new in 2005, it now has 172,000 miles on it with many of those miles pulling heavy loads and all I've done is replace the water pump. I had a 2000 F-250 with a 7.3 that was trouble free. In 2004 I bought a new F-350 with the 6.0 and had nothing but problems, kept it a year and traded in on the Dodge. I don't plan on ever replacing my Dodge but if I had to it would be another just like it, It pulls hard and never lets me down.

Trying to stay under 25k

I have a 96 F-350 7.3 5 speed crewcab for sale, at $3800, it would be too old for a daily driver,

stay far far away from the ford 6.0

and if you get an automatic trans behind a diesel, youre gonna spend $3K replacing it every couple of years.

The truck we have now is a 6 speed stick, and we are both comfortable with it, especially for towing.

Nice looking truck 144P&Y! Too bad its lifted, if we were to go that route we would probably only want a leveling kit to save some mpg

Back
Top Bottom