• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trolls, ***holes, & insults, it's all over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I'm done with blatant trolling and assholes ruining it for everyone. I hate to do it, but I have to ban the worst offender to show I'm serious and to put all the others on alert. There may be others right behind them too. No less than 10 active members have left because of just one member. That math doesn't add up to an awesome forum. Things are going to change for the better and we're going to get back to having fun around here, or else! :D

No more trolling, no more pictures of crying babies, no more mall ninja pictures, no more avatars and sigs that are there only to annoy others, no more trying to infuriate Christians or atheists for no good reason, no more nit picking people's grammar to the point where they don't even want to post anymore. That time is over. If losing those things upsets you then you should look at yourself and ask why you are here. This is a place to trade and have fun, not have someone call you a whiner, a crybaby, a mall ninja, insult your intelligence, criticize your beliefs outside of a healthy debate, etc. Pardon my censored language, but it's just bull****.

I really don’t care about anyone’s complaints about fairness and censorship in regards to these policies. I’m not running a country here, I’m running a forum, and my goal is to keep it friendly and fun. If you have to throw your beliefs in someone’s face whenever they are mentioned or start an argument whenever someone says clip instead of mag, you will be censored, cause that’s just not fun anymore, and from now on goal numero uno is to have fun! Well, maybe numero dos, numero uno is trading!

I've always hated banning folks but I just have no choice. I've tried to make rules and workarounds to keep everyone happy, but it is readily apparent that that isn't going to work. Too many people that I really like are being run off because I won't do anything about it, and for that I apologize to everyone.

From now on I promise to listen to complaints a lot more than I have before, and moderators can request a vote anytime in the mod forum to request a ban, for which a 75% majority is needed. If I had listened to them a long time ago a lot of the members missing today would still be here.

If you know someone who left for the reasons I mentioned, let ‘em know I’m sorry and that I’m going to do something about it.

And for folks that need justification for the first ban, the vote was unanimous. Not a single vote against this ban.

Anyway, let’s get back to having some fun around here! I’ll round up some stuff for some Christmas giveaway’s this evening! (I know I at least have some t-shirts and Glock 33 rd mags.)

Also, if a new member ask question, no matter how dumb you think it is, take the time to help. If you don't want to, just hit the "back" arrow at the top of your page. There is nothing I hate more than seeing someone giving a smartass answer to a new member.

I read a lot of forums, and I love it when people in charge don't tolerate douchebaggery. My way of internet Communications is simple and I wish it was prevalent: I treat people online exactly as I treat them in person. In real life, words have power and come with consequences; a keyboard between us isn't an excuse to ignore that, if you are a decent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom