• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree saddle hunting?

The old timers nailed a section of a 2 x 8 board to a limb close to the tree and sat on that. You guys are soft :cool:
I've hunted from homemade ladderstands that were pretty sketchy. I remember a ladder stand my first year deer hunting was an extension ladder tied to a tree, at the top there was a platform screwed into the tree that was half a sheet of plywood and one of those white plastic lawn chairs to sit in. It was braced with a couple 2x6 or 2x8. It was every bit of 20ft off the ground. That was only 15 years ago but now that I'm getting a little older I'm not as confident in stuff like that. I'll take the ropes and comfort and soft title with pride 🤣

I ordered a xop renegade combo since it was on the cheaper end. After sitting in a cruzr yesterday I may regret buying a cheaper one, but if I don't like it as much I'll give it to my nephew. The guys over at cruzr were more than helpful on knowledge and teaching techniques about how to climb, set up, and hunt. View attachment 4562025

Nothing at all wrong with the XOP. I’ve got the Cruzr saddle and seeker platform. I think it’s more comfortable than my summit…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing at all wrong with the XOP. I’ve got the Cruzr saddle and seeker platform. I think it’s more comfortable than my summit…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After thinking about it throughout the day I have just about decided I'm going to modify my XOP by removing the extra leg straps as well as the strap for safety harness part of it. Possibly even the shoulder straps also. The extra leg straps and the safety harness strap are in the way more than anything. I saw a few guys on YouTube doing it, it may not be the safest but if it doesn't work out I won't be out too much money. I do really like the platform, the ropes seem to be decent ropes as well.

I saddle hunt, also switched from a climber. I think saddle hunting is like crossfit or pellet smokers once you get in to it you are hooked and it's all you want to talk about so everyone knows you saddle hunt. That being said I love my saddle to me it is better then a climber in several ways. I hunt out of the Cruzr XC it is incredibly comfortable and I have done several all day sits in it. I'm currently stationed at Fort Gordon so of you are ever in thr Augusta area and want to try it out hit me up.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I saddle hunt, also switched from a climber. I think saddle hunting is like crossfit or pellet smokers once you get in to it you are hooked and it's all you want to talk about so everyone knows you saddle hunt. That being said I love my saddle to me it is better then a climber in several ways. I hunt out of the Cruzr XC it is incredibly comfortable and I have done several all day sits in it. I'm currently stationed at Fort Gordon so of you are ever in thr Augusta area and want to try it out hit me up.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I'm only laughing at the pellt smoker and crossfit reference lol. I sat in an xc this past Sunday, it was way more comfortable than I was expecting. I wish I had the money to have bought the whole set up they had at the show. It was right around $600 for everything.

Back
Top Bottom