• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travel Ideas- woman wants an adventure for her 50th

My wife and I won a 6 nights stay at the Hawks Cay Resort in the Florida Keys and it was nice. We got a bungalow, drove to Key West and back, saw Dolphins. We looked for a decent beach but our ignorance of the area probably got in the way of finding one. It was nice and quiet and if I could afford it, we'd go again.
HA, she suggested Keywest and I asked why Keywest? In which she asked why I asked about it.

OK suggestions for the keys?

I was info'd and geared up to paddle a kayak (me and my dog) from Memphis down the MS to the TN to the intercoastal to the keys. it got delayed (work) I had to lay my dog to rest. Its a trip I dream about

Nope, no jab to enter Costa Rica. Last I checked, you do not have to have any test either, but you had to buy travel insurance (I think that requirement has been lifted since my last visit). Coming back to the US, you do have to have a negative test 48 hours before the flight, but that is a US requirement and not a Costa Rican.

Nope, no jab to enter Costa Rica. Last I checked, you do not have to have any test either, but you had to buy travel insurance (I think that requirement has been lifted since my last visit). Coming back to the US, you do have to have a negative test 48 hours before the flight, but that is a US requirement and not a Costa Rican.
Thank you for that info, thats huge. any ideas about places or cant miss visiting?

I did Hawaii for my 25 Wedding Anniversary, stead at the Hale Kola military hotel. It was Great. I have been to all the Virgin islands, I enjoyed all of them. If you were needing a place in the Dominican Republic, some of my buddies are building some Bed n Breakfasts in a resort, but won't be ready until Dec. Good luck!

Thank you for that info, thats huge. any ideas about places or cant miss visiting?
That depends. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? Are you the type to chill out and relax when you're on vacation, or go do some seriously memorable stuff?
Places I have always liked:
*Mal Pais/Santa Teresa - surf town on Nicoya peninsula. Great hangout, good waves, cool vibe.
*Montezuma - about 25km up the coast from Mal Pais, rent a quad and ride it there, some mind blowing surfside scenery along the way.
*Playa Tamarindo - cool surf town, great restaurants and night life
*Volcan Arenal area - many hot springs (favorite is Tabacon) where you can grab a drink and go sit in volcanic hot springs all day. Guaranteed to de-stress you.
*Monteverde cloud forest - sometimes a bit chilly but amazing greenery and activities
*Pacuare River rafting/lodge - one of the BEST travel experiences I've ever had. This is a 5++ star trip. Adventure on one of the world's craziest rivers, plus a luxurious overnight stay at the lodge, halfway down the river (Lodge is completely off grid, but the extent they go to in order to provide you with such luxury is amazing)
*Blue water fishing out of Los Suenos, or Tamarindo. Best giant marlin and huge sailfish. If you're lucky, you may even hook a big tuna too.

So many more places and experiences. No wonder why I'm moving there!

Oh yeah. In fact, October is about the start of the marlin runs. BTW, no jab needed for entry to Costa Rica.
That is my understanding as well. A few months ago they were requiring all visitors to have special health insurance; not sure if that is the case anymore.

CostaRicaBound, where are you moving to in CR? I have family in Alajuela.

Oops, I see you mentioned the insurance.

And I would recommend all those places, too. Especially Monteverde, Tabacón, La Fortuna, Manuel Antonio, Jacó, or Guanacaste.

(The springs are better at Tabacón, but the food is better at Baldi.)

That is my understanding as well. A few months ago they were requiring all visitors to have special health insurance; not sure if that is the case anymore.

CostaRicaBound, where are you moving to in CR? I have family in Alajuela.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
We'll be settling in Guanacaste, a small beach town called Playa Avellanas.

I would look into a Viking River Cruise - cover a lot of ground in 7 days. Castles, Battlefields, walled cities, Monasteries with great wine and beer.

If nature is your thing, Costa Rica is awesome as all have said. I have used this company 3 times for great trips there- Volcano, beach, jungle-

Back
Top Bottom