• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tramission blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife just wants to take it to Shawn's Transmission in Griffin, my father in lkaw is friends with the owner. Right now I just want my damn truck running properly. Like anyone else, I NEED a vehicle and don't have one. I used to tell everyone to take their cars to him that he's a great honest guy that'll do good work and won't rip you off. now I have to figure out how am i going to pay to have it fixed and how am I am going to be able to afford an attorney afterwards.

Well if everything was fine before they added that second filter why didnt they try taking it back off and see how it done without it some of these trans have a regular trans filter and a spin on filter inside the pan me personally being a,mechanic i would have pulled the pan and either changed the filters againor left the filter off that wasnt there orignally

Get about three independent estimates from reputable transmission shops, maybe include one from a dealer. Then make a demand for the original shop to pay the bill. If they refuse then small claims is next. If everything is as you say you will win, hands down! IMHO

This. Dead on the money.

I think you're claim-limited in SCC, but somethings better than nothing. Hope you've got all your receipts, etc. I had a problem with hard downshifts on my 2007 Ram after a drive to California and back, but it went back to normal after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Get about three independent estimates from reputable transmission shops, maybe include one from a dealer. Then make a demand for the original shop to pay the bill. If they refuse then small claims is next. If everything is as you say you will win, hands down! IMHO

The problem with that is HOW am I going to get my truck to 3 different locations, it isn't road worthy.

Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom