• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training classes and where to get them?

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
out side of Shep cmshoot cmshoot (which I have taking a couple of his classes and have another one scheduled coming up) but I do like to branch out and pick up skills from new people when available. Where else in ga or near GA offers firearms training?

Looking for intense training in a fighting pistol class/ combat carbine class/ introduction to long range shooting and or gorilla tactics class.

I want fast moving covering lots in the time I pay for. After all the trainer is on my time the way I see it.
Multiple drills, drills combining other drills constant reminders of topics learned.
Some sort of print out of drills and topics covered so I can continue training because a 1 or 2 day class is just enough to give me skills to practice and perfect.

So what say you?

Honest question, do you train in un-armed combat also ? I only ask because I see allot of people train with firearms but have little to no experience without. I'm much more experienced in martial arts and self defense but I'm only proficient with a pistol, I could use a good firearms training course. I've never had a paid firearm training session other than the military and that's been a few decades ago

Honest question, do you train in un-armed combat also ? I only ask because I see allot of people train with firearms but have little to no experience without. I'm much more experienced in martial arts and self defense but I'm only proficient with a pistol, I could use a good firearms training course. I've never had a paid firearm training session other than the military and that's been a few decades ago

I would love to train and be more familiar in hand to hand or starting hand to hand and breaking contact to free a firearm.

Do you know of classes that do hand to hand training that is a 1 day class or a weekend long class?

I would love to train and be more familiar in hand to hand or starting hand to hand and breaking contact to free a firearm.

Do you know of classes that do hand to hand training that is a 1 day class or a weekend long class?
For hand to hand stuff, I've heard that BJJ is really good stuff. I've got plans to start classes somewhere in the near future.

For a shorter term class, ECQC is highly recommended: https://shivworks.com/extreme-close-quarter-concepts/

Contact Roy @ Brass Tacs 912-202-2018 . He covers everything you’re interested in , he’ll come to you or you can meet him at few different places he has set up . You won’t be disappointed . Have a blessed day .

I don't but I if I was new to it I'd be searching out boxing AND Judo. Judo is very simplistic and deadly effective, boxing is just brutal art

@First Person Safety is another local trainer who is outstanding. His methodology follows that of Tom Givens.
https://firstpersonsafety.com/

I have also trained cmshoot cmshoot and both these gentlemen have classes that are valuable and top training at a low cost.

I have also trained with many of the top tier trainers and it is almost impossible to get into some of those classes as they release the schedule for the upcoming year and they are booked very fast.

I don't but I if I was new to it I'd be searching out boxing AND Judo. Judo is very simplistic and deadly effective, boxing is just brutal art
I use to box when i was younger, knew a guy in martial arts who did competitions and what not. May be debatable but he said in a street fight, he'd be more scared of someone with boxing skills than martial arts

I use to box when i was younger, knew a guy in martial arts who did competitions and what not. May be debatable but he said in a street fight, he'd be more scared of someone with boxing skills than martial arts
I got beat bad by a boxer in the ring when I was 15, I was all about martial arts. I started learning boxing immediately that same night and boy were my eyes opened

Back
Top Bottom