Trail Boss Axe $23

Truth... varnish is kinda like “axe cosmoline”... ya gotta get it off, and use a legitimate axe finish before you use it. (Varnish is also the quickest way to get a blister from a wood handle!)
Because I blacksmith, I use the same mixture on all axe and hammer handles. 1:1:1 mix of boiled linseed oil, beeswax, and turpentine. Works great on handles, and the steel to keep it preserved

Sounds like another good side job for you, preserving and sharpening axes, when do you want me to drop mine off?

I am sure we could trade some eggs or something! :thumb:

I am almost out of the farming business. Down to 5 ducks and 2 beehives. No cows or chickens left. I'd bring you some duck eggs, but I think all we have left are boys as I haven't seen any eggs in months. My next adventure will be in the Backyard Nursery business; trying to collect supplies and such to get it started.

Now I can practice my dual wield skill.

IMG_20210504_102714474~2.jpg

In the description it lists country of origin as China. Why is Taiwan mentioned in previous posts? Or is it because China still considers Taiwan a part of them?

In the description it lists country of origin as China. Why is Taiwan mentioned in previous posts? Or is it because China still considers Taiwan a part of them?

The government is called the Republic of China, due to a faction of the Chinese mainland that lost the Chinese Civil War & took control of Taiwan that lasted 40 years. It was a single party state till the 80's, after a while the first president was elected in 1996. Both the Republic of China & Peoples Republic of China have "China" in their government, but are two very different organizations.

The current China is just trying to take control of the area over there no matter what the country is. They even currently claim some of Japan's smaller distant islands as their own. It would be prudent for Taiwan to change the name of their government since it no longer has a chance to take control of the mainland China & has evolved into a democratic country.

Both my axe's are labeled "Made in Taiwan".

Back
Top Bottom