• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Traeger. It's like cheating

20200907_212515.jpg
20200907_212329.jpg

A good friend Of mine swears by the Traeger smokers and grills. I Personally use a pit barrel smoker and am too lazy and cheap to switch. And i like the Results from my barrel. BBQ/smokers is one of the most subjective hobbies around

I love my traeger. One of the best things I’ve bought.
Throw some bacon in it. On smoke for 20 min then up to 350 til done(15-20 min)
I just took a frozen pizza off mine for dinner. We have cooked biscuits on it too.
First thing I cooked on it was a frozen pizza. Kids liked it.

A good friend Of mine swears by the Traeger smokers and grills. I Personally use a pit barrel smoker and am too lazy and cheap to switch. And i like the Results from my barrel. BBQ/smokers is one of the most subjective hobbies around
Indeed, but I want to feel the love for this thing that extreme traeger people feel. I like it, but I don't love it.

I went from a cheap cabinet smoker to a Treager last year, never going back. One tip, cover the grease tray with multiple layers of foil, peal off the top layer after a good smoke to keep the little critters outta the thing. DEFINITELY use a cover to keep the pellets dry...

I bought all the manager special butts at food lion today for $8 a piece. How do I cook them? Left one out the freezer for science.

turn the traeger on and pat the butt dry once out of the plastic. Smear a thin layer of mustard over all parts of the butt then apply preferred seasoning liberally. Put the butt on the smoker once it’s at 225 degrees. Probe the meat. Some people will pull the butt and wrap in tinfoil at 165 degrees before putting back on the smoker. Others will let it ride.l and not mess with it til it reaches 203 internal. Pull it at 200-203 either way. If you foil it, it will cook faster and probably be a little more.moist but your bark on the outside will be soggy and because it’s a pellet grill to begin with, it’ll be lighter flavor overall. If cooking for others I will use butcher paper as it preserves the bark a little better but still helps retain moisture. If just for my family I’ll normally just let it ride the whole time as I prefer a crunchy bark and would rather err on the side of slightly drier meat with smokier flavor than some of the pork “tuna” that has come from overcooking it.

Back
Top Bottom