• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Trading a vehicle that still has payments?

In my humble opinion you need to do the research such as what your truck is worth, what you owe, and what the dealer will offer. Then you need to do the math. You might think you're saving gas money but you might end up paying more in interest, or have a bigger loan with longer length payment terms. If that's the case you'll be far over what you thought you'd be saving in gas.

Remember this, car dealerships are there to turn a profit. They might act like you're getting a deal, but rest assured that no matter what they say they're making money. Even if they offer to pay off your loan you're paying for it in the new loan. You never want to start off a new car loan upside down. You're honestly better off just paying off the truck and keeping it in most cases.

My best friend is the internet manager at one of the Ed voyles. Super nice guy. If you tell him I sent you he will probably hook you up with the most he can give on a trade in. He has done several deals for family members and friends over the years. Some months they are just trying to post numbers (ie needs to meet goals for cars sold). In that case he will work you the best deal. Even if that means he doesn't make money on the deal. PM me if you want his info.

Back
Top Bottom