Trading a Stripped Lower for a Handgun?

tmoore912

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I created a "For Trade Ad" for a stripped AR lower. I'm looking for 2 specific handguns in the ad. I placed the Ad in the Handguns section. A Moderator moved it to the Rifle section.

Why was that done?

Will I have a better chance of finding a potential handgun trader in the rifle section?

I'm general curious and not upset about my Ad being moved. I'm just trying to see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks.:)

You put the item in the location the item is described as. While a stripped lower can become a pistol or a rifle, it is generally considered part of a rifle. Someone looking for a stripped lower will go looking in the rifle section.

You put the item in the location the item is described as. While a stripped lower can become a pistol or a rifle, it is generally considered part of a rifle. Someone looking for a stripped lower will go looking in the rifle section.
OK, I get that.

The rules claim I could list it in either section.

Since I was looking for 2 specific Handguns, I figured the handgun section would have been the best place. I guess I'm thinking of it the wrong way.

A stripped Lower is transferred as "Other" on a 4473 form iirc.

So sorry for relaying my interpatation of the rule. It will never happen again
It's just a regularly misquoted statement. Stripped lowers are simply receivers until they are barreled with a 16" barrel and a stock. Even a completed lower with a stock attached is still a receiver and can be made into a pistol so long as it has never been barreled with the stock attached.

And due to the abundant, redundant wealth of gun laws, restrictions and prohibitions we enjoy an 18 year old can buy an AR 15 off the self but not a stripped lower.

That would be unsafe and unreasonable to allow.

Someone looking for a stripped lower will go looking in the rifle section.

Even though I am looking for specific handguns? My thinking was...........people looking to trade their handguns would be in the Handgun section. They may not know they want a Stripped Lower unless they see someone is willing to trade one away for a handgun. So is this the consensus of the ODT crowd?

Back
Top Bottom