Tourist submarine on expedition to Titanic wreck goes missing

They were using a logitech wireless one that has a 3.6 rating on walmart's website not a factory controller.

The US navy uses xbox controllers to control the periscope on some of their boats, but they use the old school wired usb ones.

As someone who uses a few logitech wireless devices, the keyboard has been great, but at startup sometimes it takes a few tries to wake the computer to enter the bios password. The mouse I liked a lot too, and have never had any connectivity problems with but recently have been getting occasional double clicks when I don't want them, I'm guessing the plastic switch inside is starting to fail or getting worn down, the headset I have has been fine connectivity wise, but their software is atrocious, the battery life isn't as advertised and the power switch is starting to fail (if you turn it on all the way sometimes only one ear works until you tap the switch then its fine)

All were purchased at the same time 3 years or so ago and two have started to fail. Overall I'm very happy with the keyboard, fine with the mouse because I've yet to find any mice that feel as good and don't also have longevity issues, and quite disappointed in the headset as they obviously went cheap on a minor part (or probably even just a bad solder connection) in an otherwise expensive set

I wouldn't trust any of them to be my only controller in a bumper car, let alone a submersible. None of this stuff is made to any sort of grade that instills confidence.
Oh, well he's a complete idiot then.

I was getting my information from memes showing an actual playstation controller, which had they used a factory Sony controller I'm positive they'd still be alive now.

Everything I know about this story comes from memes and I'm not ashamed to admit that :lol:

Jethro Bodine was a consulting engineer on the project.​

MV5BMmUwY2ZlNDQtODkyNy00NjI4LTkzMzQtYjY1MjNiMmE0ODYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY4OTkzOTc@._V1_.jpg

When you are in a closed container and feel like you are running out of oxygen and you are with 4 other people breathing up the oxygen, do you kill them so they stop and you get the oxygen they would have breathed if you let them live? That's desperation in the most extreme situation.
Then how do you manage their offgassing?

Back
Top Bottom