• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Todays Blunder

I'd switched off from listening to the wife last night, but was still nodding along with her talking. Apparently what she'd said was don't put those takeaway plastic containers you said you were going to keep in the dishwasher. Wanted to use them to sort a drawer out in the garage. Woke up this morning to her reaction to opening the dishwasher full of warped plastic, some of which had fallen down through to the bottom an melted on the heating element, causing the washer arm on the floor of the unit to come up of it's base and melt part way through on the heating element. Good start to the week.

Yeah, I can relate. One of my biggest blunders happened a few months ago, but it's a good one.

I was coming home with a fair amount of stuff in the back seat after some light grocery shopping and errands. I had a jacket in the Jeep that I didn't need to wear, and i had tossed it into the back seat. Upon parking my Jeep (I almost always back into the parking spot in the parking garage), I started to gather up the various plastic shopping bags, trying my best to avoid a 2nd trip, which I hate to do. In order to get as much stuff together with the two hands that I have, I threw my jacket over my left shoulder rather than put it on, which in hind sight would have been wise. I closed the rear door, making sure that the vehicle would be locked, and I started to walk to the entrance door to the garage. But after walking only a few feet to the front of the Jeep, I realized that my keys were nowhere to be found. I usually dangle them from my finger, because I will need the key fob to open the door. Perhaps I put them in the jacket pocket...nope. Oh, no! I must have locked them in the Jeep and locked myself out. Now mind you my keys are attached to a rather bright and relatively large and relatively long monkey fist keychain so that losing them is far less likely. It was roughly 7:00pm in mid-winter, so it was already dark outside.

I set down my shopping bags and began to search the area next to my Jeep...nothing. I thought, "OK, maybe they fell under the Jeep somehow or got hung up on the floor board bracket." I looked under my Jeep and under the car next to me...nothing. At this point I am not only perplexed but beginning to panic a bit, because while I could buzz myself into the building using my phone (i.e. call myself), I would not be able to get into the apartment to let the dogs out or to feed them. After searching again 2 or 3 times, I sent the head maintenance guy a text (We're on very good terms) thinking that he may have a master key. Luckily within 10 minutes he showed up with a spare key to my place, which he isn't really supposed to have now according to the new management company. So I was able to get into the building and into my apartment without much fanfare.

After putting my things away, I grabbed a spare Jeep key and a flashlight to go to thoroughly search the area. They had to be there somewhere! My next thought was that I had locked them inside the Jeep, and I began to search the floor and the area between the seats and the console, only to find spare change and other things I had not missed in a while. I even moved the Jeep to another parking spot across the aisle to get a clear look at the floor...still nothing. I gave up after another 15 or 20 minutes completely baffled by the disappearance of my keys within the span of under a minute in such a tiny area. Being that it was a Sunday night I gave up and started to do Google and Yelp searches for a locksmith after.reading that replacing a single lost key to a Jeep requires specialized equipment and/or a Jeep dealer as well as quite a few $$$. So after spending two hours on that, I finally tried to put it out of my mind until about midnight after walking the dogs. Once again I grabbed the flashlight to give the area one more look.

I went outside again. I combed the original parking spot (a different car had parked there in the meantime) and the floor of my Jeep...nothing yet again. I went back to the original spot to retrace my steps, and I happened to look at the car parked next to that spot, the one that had been there originally. Right there where the wiper sits against the windshield was my set of keys. Apparently, when I threw the jacket over my shoulder with my hands already full, I somehow threw the keys at the same time, and they landed on the windshield of that car.

Is that not the craziest thing? I spent the next morning doing research on getting generic duplicate keys for the Jeep and programming them, which is harder than it sounds. Many places will not cut them, because they do not want to be liable for a mistake, since they can be rather pricey. Long story short, I have two spare keys now, one of which is with someone I trust. The other is safely hidden under the hood. LOL

It’s a Jeep! Be happy you remembered to put the doors on!
Sometimes the best medicine for blunders is to laugh.
Holler if you need anything.

I went down this am to pick up the Grocery's and stopped by the auto car wash for the Jeep...I asked my Bride to roll down her window, so I could ask them to take off the antenna. After getting the antenna I asked her to roll up her window..Meanwhile the guy tapped on my glass asking if I wanted my mirrors folded in..As we get into the suds part of the wash low and behold my bride got confused and did not roll up said window..By the time I could reach over and roll it up, we both and the jeep had the suds treatment..Whats your latest blunder?
So yall took a bubble bath together and made a gr8 memory ;)

I bought new wiper blades for my truck yesterday and the young lady asked if I needed her to come outside and put them on. “I’ve always done them myself” was my response. Then I get home and couldn’t figure out how for a good 20 minutes. They keep changing the way they attach.

Pay attention class, the correct answer is, " Why Yes, Darlin', That'd be peachy!" ;):cool:

IN high school there was a car wash a friend worked at and the arm moved around the vehicle. You could sit in the kiosk and control the arm. You could stop and start with a switch. He would run it around and stop it at the door.In a few the horn would blow and the person would roll the window down and holler, hit the switch and laugh and laugh.

I went down this am to pick up the Grocery's and stopped by the auto car wash for the Jeep...I asked my Bride to roll down her window, so I could ask them to take off the antenna. After getting the antenna I asked her to roll up her window..Meanwhile the guy tapped on my glass asking if I wanted my mirrors folded in..As we get into the suds part of the wash low and behold my bride got confused and did not roll up said window..By the time I could reach over and roll it up, we both and the jeep had the suds treatment..Whats your latest blunder?

Won't give any names.... Too embarrassing.

Two years ago, was taking my F150 through the Car Wash... The back window was open... Tried to close as we were starting to move forward.... Well... Button would not close it... There are 2 buttons up by the rear view mirror.... Kept trying... Not closing... Of course I panic, thinking that maybe I am pushing the wrong one.... Push the other and BANG!... The sun roof opens.... Now they are both open, and buttons are doing nothing... Water and soap suds are soaking me and my wife.... We are now laughing so hard, we just sat back and got wet and soapy....

I then took the truck to the dealer and had that button panel replaced.... It works now!

Back
Top Bottom