to all of the ODT guitar players.....

georgiabow

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
i am about to start up my side project as a formal business. i have been a cabinet maker / wood worker for the last 13 years, and through this time i have built pedal boards for personal friends and other acquaintances.

i am going to continue this hobby, but as a business. in the next month or so, i am going to turn this into a formal business as "showtime pedalboards", or "center stage pedalboards". i will have 3 lines of product. all of my pedalboards use an arched shape, which provides very natural access to all of your effects, from one standing position.

my 3 lines of product will be:

"the gallery series" - these will use fine hardwoods, and the finish will look like that of a high end guitar top. curly maple, mahogany, birdseye maple, birdseye birch, and so on. i plan to also offer an optional sunburst finish with this as well.

"the touring series" - these will be built of light weight hardwoods, and finished with a tough, durable, roadworthy finish such as rhino liner.

"the vintage series" - same materials as the touring series, but these will be covered in a combination of vinyl and tweed, for a nice vintage looking finish!

the reason i am posting this here is that once i get this formally in motion, i want to send out a couple of them, for free, to get some feedback for the website, and video reviews on youtube.

any of you guys here wanting one, just post in this thread. once i start formal production, ill draw 2 random numbers, and whoever has the post which # matches the drawn number will get a free board, shipped to your door, in exchange for the feedback and video review.

any suggestions are very welcomed.

Last edited:
I could use something new. Vinyl and tweed for me, I play acoustics and gig weekly... Guitar and upright bass mostly. Would these hide a power supply underneath, or would that need to be external? I currently run a COSM simulator, 3 pedals and a direct box.

Thanks!

I could use something new. Vinyl and tweed for me, I play acoustics and gig weekly... Guitar and upright bass mostly. Would these hide a power supply underneath, or would that need to be external? I currently run a COSM simulator, 3 pedals and a direct box.

Thanks!

With an arched board, its quite a trick to make it sit at the angle necessary to hide 9v power supplies underneath and keep the top at a useable angle, but I plan to offer that as well.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see one! I wouldn't worry about the power supply thing... Seems like I can't get those multi- tsp supplies to last over a year anyway...

Back
Top Bottom