• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas Raider

PazAttack86

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
Welp, I have been wanting a railed 1911 to play with and with all the projects I have currently, been wanting to keep the price low. Almost pulled the trigger on an older Springfield MC Operator a few weeks ago while browsing at another local shop by my gym but just didn't want to spend the 1100 they wanted. Always loved the look of the MARSOC M45A1 so when I saw the Raider from Tisas I immediately emailed their rep to get me one sent to my shop. They claim forged frame, and series 70 so even if the factory guts suck, I can swap parts and build to it over time. We shall see how it is, waiting at least 30 days for it, but have a tan x300 laying around for it and we will go from there. So far, I am hearing overall good things about the gun. I like the minimal billboarding on the slide, the only writing is Raider in small font. Even the made in Turkey markings are located on the rail to the bottom.

Attachments

• raider.jpg
    raider.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 56
just confirmed my industry program order. So stoked. whenever more come into the country ill have one coming. If it runs well ill pickup the MAC JSOC they make.

I just picked up a Tisas 1911 B45B Carry from Hilltop Pawn on Monday for $499. I was looking for the Stingray 45, but could not find one locally and didn't want to deal with buying online and transfer fees. I checked about a dozen stores, to include Adventure Outdoors, Appalachian Gun and Pawn, and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn's website. Most didn't have a single Tisas on hand, the ones that did have some, didn't have any of the bobtail models. I wasn't really expecting Hilltop to have any, but it's close to my house and I'd never been there.

Now for the gun itself, it's a bit heavier than what I was looking for due to being steel frame vs the aluminum frame model I wanted, but the fit and finish of the gun looks really good. I've only put a box of ammo through it so far, but it performed flawlessly. I will prob ditch the stupid ambi safety in the very near future, but that's my only complaint so far. Not the best trigger I've felt on a 1911, but it's good enough for now.

Now, this being the only Tisas I've ever owned and only having it for under a week and put 50 rounds through it, maybe a little early for bold statements like this... So far, I don't see any other brand 1911 under $1000 coming close to Tisas in terms of quality or what you get for the money.

PXL_20230605_202914285.jpg

I just picked up a Tisas 1911 B45B Carry from Hilltop Pawn on Monday for $499. I was looking for the Stingray 45, but could not find one locally and didn't want to deal with buying online and transfer fees. I checked about a dozen stores, to include Adventure Outdoors, Appalachian Gun and Pawn, and Dahlonega Gold and Pawn's website. Most didn't have a single Tisas on hand, the ones that did have some, didn't have any of the bobtail models. I wasn't really expecting Hilltop to have any, but it's close to my house and I'd never been there.

Now for the gun itself, it's a bit heavier than what I was looking for due to being steel frame vs the aluminum frame model I wanted, but the fit and finish of the gun looks really good. I've only put a box of ammo through it so far, but it performed flawlessly. I will prob ditch the stupid ambi safety in the very near future, but that's my only complaint so far. Not the best trigger I've felt on a 1911, but it's good enough for now.

Now, this being the only Tisas I've ever owned and only having it for under a week and put 50 rounds through it, maybe a little early for bold statements like this... So far, I don't see any other brand 1911 under $1000 coming close to Tisas in terms of quality or what you get for the money.

View attachment 5816997
That Tisas is a strong built well finished accurate shooter. Mine has a dang good trigger on it for a stock trigger! I'm satisfied completely and like you mentioned the series 70 parts will interchange. What not to like but the country it came from? They are solid!

There is no better buy currently , as far as bang for the buck goes, than a Tisas 1911. I own a few Springfields, Colts and have owned a CZ Dan Wesson and a couple Norincos. The most accurate 1911 in my safe is a Tisas U.S. Army with a hammer forged barrel and an out of the box trigger that feels like it’s had a $250 dollar trigger job.
IMG_0841.jpeg

Following to see what OP thinks of this Tisas Raider. A coworker and I were talking about it earlier today and wondering how they would stack up to our other 1911's.

Please post a review and pictures once you receive it.

oh yeah, I hear good things. I am excited, as soon as Tisas gets more I got one comin. Will compare it to my les baer, Springfield, and sig 1911. Will run drills with it at a training day, and if she is reliable, it may be my shop carry/beater. Garand Thumb may hopefully have a video on one, he shared a post of one today.

throat looks polished from the factory, comes with two mec gar mags. Going to throw a tan x300 on it when I get home and look for a holster. Will try and run a box or two thru it at the test tank this weekend at work, and want to run it at a private training day we got planned this August.

Back
Top Bottom