• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tisas/MAC 2011

Picked up a Raider in 9mm today as well. So 3 Tisas guns in the books now.

IMG_9090.jpeg

Round count : 250

Ran the gun today, zero and a lot of transition drills, bill drills, and 3 reload 3. Everything run from the belt, Adam’s gear solutions holster on a midride + QLS fork.

Stoppages : 1
- in the first magazine, a spent casing extracted, hit the hood of my optic, and came back down into the chamber, primer facing out. Never happened again.

Quirks : 1
- 1 of the 2 factory magazines, when loaded to full capacity (17rds), and you chamber a round, if you drop the magazine while full, it spits out a round as you drop from the magazine well. Other does not do that. Only does it at 17rds, not 16 or below. I tried them all.

Trigger was good, no complaints. The reset is kinda loud actually, which was nice while I zeroed and learned the trigger on it. Splits ranged .13-.17 consistently. Safety is positive, but not stiff.

Ran a 1.64 bill drill from 7 yards (all A/C Zone). Was 0.86 from holster, with defeating the safety. So pretty pleased with its performance.

MAC is putting out a 2011. I think it is also made by Tisa but is 200 more with a few additional features. I want to add a 2011 just don’t know to go with one of these or a Prodigy which I know is a little higher. Good review op.

Excellent report!
Going to pick one up based on your report!
Thanks for sharing!
Parts wear is my only real concern. But once I get 1k through it I’ll start feeling better about it. I’m gonna stipple the grip because I like aggressive texture, and buy a few Duramags for it (basically oem prodigy mags).

MAC is putting out a 2011. I think it is also made by Tisa but is 200 more with a few additional features. I want to add a 2011 just don’t know to go with one of these or a Prodigy which I know is a little higher. Good review op.
Yeah the optics cut is different, and maybe a full metal gun? If you shoot a lot or do more performance based shooting, you could probably talk yourself into getting a more expensive gun. But for the price of a stock Prodigy, you can get the Tisas + optic + light (or extra mags and a holster). Just all depends on your case.

I have inspected several Tisas 1911 DS and they seem to be a decent starting point for the 2011 entry market.

They make the 1911 DS for MAC as well with a few more features such as mag well and QPQ finish.

I haven't had a chance to inspect the Mac yet but my JSOC is very good..much better than the price point.

The big difference between the two:
Tisas has a barrel bushing.
MAC has a bull barrel.

The QPQ finish would allow a tighter frame, slide barrel fit if they go the extra step.

VS a Prodigy:
I like the Prodigy grip as it fits my hand better.
I dislike the ceracoat on the Prodigy.

Back
Top Bottom