Tipping: I can't be the only one, right?

If a work a bee goes out of their way to provide stellar service, and he's not the owner I would suggest a tip. They are most likely hourly employees and a monatairy tip just shows your gratatuide. Yea, I know they where doing what the are paid to do. Paying for a pick up order at a resturant is not tip worthy. I do tip my bartender if they are pouring me great refreshments :cool: Ride share is a tuff one to call as there is a automatic tip added. I generally don't add any more than what is automaticaly added.

I agree I hate going into a a restaurant and placing an order and they ask you to tip. I went to a ballgame and paid $4 for a water and the lady asked if I wanted to leave a tip. The tip shaming is crazy and wild. Many just do it because they are just swiping a card rather than paying real money.

I generally tip when I feel someone went above what was called for to do an exceptional job. Thus making it benefit me in some way. If they can get by by doing just adequate work for adequate pay then fine. If they do an exceptional job , they get a tip - sometimes.

In a sit-down restaurant, I generally tip cash, usually 20% of food and drink. I do not tip on taxes, or on service charges. For Home Pizza delivery, I tip 5.00. I live in the boonies and if the driver finds us and the pizza's hot.

I did have a habit for a while that during the "lock-down" if the restaurant was open and serving I tipped the wait staff, for putting up with the craziness.

Back
Top Bottom