• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tiny Pic Plug-in Tutorial!

ti-force

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
I've put together a step-by-step, how-to guide for posting images in a FS or FT thread/listing. I hope this helps some of you guys.

This was done using Internet Explorer because it's probably the most common web browser, and I'm guessing that's what the majority on here use. Google Chrome works the same way, but I'm not sure about FireFox.

As most of you know, this is what you'll see on your screen when creating a thread:

i52.tinypic.com_29cat1k.jpg

Go ahead and type in your description and all other info, then scroll down until you see the 'TinyPic Plugin" button and click it. See image below:

i53.tinypic.com_16102ub.jpg

Now focus on the TinyPic box:

i56.tinypic.com_2h6eqte.jpg

Click the 'Browse' button:

i55.tinypic.com_b6aa88.jpg

Now choose the location where you saved the images. Usually either in 'Pictures', 'Documents' or on your desktop:

i52.tinypic.com_213lxqc.jpg

Once you choose the location, you need to choose an image you'd like to upload and double click on the name:

i55.tinypic.com_o89ag5.jpg

Now focus on the TinyPic box again. Look at 'Type:' in the TinyPic box and make sure 'image' is selected:

i54.tinypic.com_2119nur.jpg

Now click on the 'Resize:' drop down box and either leave it set to 'default' or choose the size you wish to use:

i55.tinypic.com_33vf7t2.jpg

i55.tinypic.com_x55em1.jpg

Now click the 'Upload Now!' button:

i52.tinypic.com_2egacz4.jpg

Next you should see the following image. Be patient:

i53.tinypic.com_29bn514.jpg

When the image has uploaded, you should see the image below. Click the text so it's highlighted like in the picture:

i55.tinypic.com_qs4add.jpg

Right click on the highlighted text and choose 'copy':

i56.tinypic.com_2gyaxe9.jpg

Now scroll back up to the text/message box and right click inside the box at the point where you want to insert the image. Choose 'paste':

i55.tinypic.com_313sw42.jpg

i51.tinypic.com_amz21w.jpg

If you wish to insert multiple images, scroll back down to the TinyPic box and choose 'Upload', then follow all the previous steps:

i56.tinypic.com_2lwt1sp.jpg

In certain forums you need to create a line break between each image to make the images stack on top of each other instead of lining up side by side.

Large side by side images create side by side scrolling throughout the first page of the thread. I believe this forum automatically stacks the images on top of each other, but if you want to know how to do this correctly, see the images below:

The links in the first image would create side by side scrolling:

i51.tinypic.com_jjryvc.jpg

The images would line up like this:

i51.tinypic.com_2d1r28l.jpg

The image below shows the links placed correctly with a line break:

i55.tinypic.com_167195i.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom