• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Time to go...

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
So, I come into work this week and after one week of not being able to get in touch with my boss, (not as abnormal as you might think), I find out he is caught up in a federal raid on illegal gambling. After several months of him not being able to decide on closing the business or starting a new one or just closing all together, I think this is the final straw. The last thing I want to be is close to a federal investigation. I have no involvement in his questionable business of game rooms, but I can't see anything good coming of being connected in any way, shape, or form to a possible RICO case...

That said, anyone hiring in the construction management arena? Have a few interviews lined up this week, but options never hurt.

2 interviews last week, 3 this week and 1 already booked for next week. Lots of folks moving around right now, lots of opportunities out there. Good times!

Trying to stay close to home if possible. I will relocate for a few years provided the job is in a good location for my family and the money is right.

Of my top two interviews right now one is a superintendent role for an ENR top 25 so temporary relocation could very well be in the future. The other is a much smaller company but I move right to a general superintendent position. Both have their pros and cons...

I had nothing to do with that business. He has his hands in a lot of businesses, the construction biz is separate from the game room biz. I wouldn't be too surprised if I was interviewed down the road, but still want to cut ties asap.

That aside, I had a great interview with a company today that really impressed me with their culture, technology and ethics. It was refreshing to find out my vision of how things could work aren't as idealistic as I thought.

Back
Top Bottom