Time for a new floor Jack - Daytona stuff any good?

It's 30 years old and I really don't trust it at this point. Free to a good home if anyone wants to give it a shot!
I have two, one around 40+yrs old and one 50+ yrs old. The structure is fine, just need to rebuild hydraulics. Kit is like $40 as I recall. I've owned these jacks since new. I have a third one I bought before Sears closed. One 1 1/2, 2 1/2 and 3 ton

I have two, one around 40+yrs old and one 50+ yrs old. The structure is fine, just need to rebuild hydraulics. Kit is like $40 as I recall. I've owned these jacks since new. I have a third one I bought before Sears closed. One 1 1/2, 2 1/2 and 3 ton

Prob worth tearing apart and at least looking at. It's been tough as nails until now.

I have a craftsman 3 ton. I've had it for about 5 years and it's a great jack. I had a harbor freight jack and it lasted about 9 months. Just say my experience with both jacks.

Came in here to post this. It's been fine for the 3 oil changes I've used it for. Lol.

Screenshot_20240426_144418_Gmail.jpg

Daytona line is their flagship. Heavier duty with serviceable parts (pistons, grease fittings, etc) Yellow Daytona is allegedly the premium model. The Pittsburgh line is their regular duty series. I have the high lift Pittsburgh 3 ton red model and it’s been great for 5+ years of monthly use on our trucks and SUVs. I’d go with the model that suits you best for the best value and not sweat the decision too much…and always use jack stands. I use 6ton jack stand because I can.

Back
Top Bottom