• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tikka T3 Barrel Swap

wpalm00

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Big shout out to BigBizzGrizz BigBizzGrizz and GACory GACory for helping gather parts for a build but now I need help with a 30-06 to 280ai barrel swap. Anyone in North Ga good with Tikka Swaps?

1692900861744.jpeg

That is gonna be sweet. I am wanting to rebarrel my TacA1. Love the CF wrapped barrels. If Norcross is not far I am sure our gunsmith can help you with that.

That is gonna be sweet. I am wanting to rebarrel my TacA1. Love the CF wrapped barrels. If Norcross is not far I am sure our gunsmith can help you with that.
Norcorss is definitely not too far. I'll give you guys a call tomorrow.

As far as a TacA1, I don't think there are very many better bang per buck long range rifles out here. What would you swap to?

It’s easy to do yourself with the right tools. I have everything you’d need except the 280 AI go/ no go Gauges.
I thought about buying everything I need but I don't intend to be swapping barrels often. I did find where I could rent the go/no go gauges for like $7 from Elk Ridge but I don't know.

A local gunsmith in town said he could do it for $150 (more if he needed to ream the chamber) and a 3-4 week wait.

Norcorss is definitely not too far. I'll give you guys a call tomorrow.

As far as a TacA1, I don't think there are very many better bang per buck long range rifles out here. What would you swap to?
Mine is a .260 but I am wanting something where I can find more ammo off the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom