Threaded 22 Rifle Needed

The Savage is meh. I have an FVSR with the Accutrigger and all that, but I don't find it to be too impressive. I got rid of a CZ452 a couple years ago that was lights out - wish I still had it. The Ruger American Rimfire is a great option. Stock trigger is not as good as the Accutrigger, and it doesn't have the tacticool barrel flutes, but it shoots better than the FVSR AND uses 10/22 mags. Kept reading all of the hype on here about the FVSR, so I sold the RAR and picked up the FVSR. Again, another poor decision on my part.

In short, save up the couple hundred extra bucks and pick up a CZ 452 or 455. They are lights out and can be had for less than $500.

Good info, thanks very much. What can do you use and are you happy with it? Would you change cans if it were not so dang much trouble?

I have also considered a Ruger 77/22 but do not think they offer it with threads. I have seen one on here but believe it was threaded by owner or shop. As I said, I have a threaded take down 10/22 so I think I will spend my money on my can right away and see what comes available between now and when my stamp comes in.

Good information, keep it coming!!

:pop2::thumb:

Good info, thanks very much. What can do you use and are you happy with it? Would you change cans if it were not so dang much trouble?

I have also considered a Ruger 77/22 but do not think they offer it with threads. I have seen one on here but believe it was threaded by owner or shop. As I said, I have a threaded take down 10/22 so I think I will spend my money on my can right away and see what comes available between now and when my stamp comes in.

Good information, keep it coming!!

:pop2::thumb:

Use a Silcencerco Spectre II and love it. Also have 2 Dobbs ARC22's in jail. From what I have seen, they are just as quiet and about $200 cheaper, but you lose cleanability, caliber ratings and FA ability with the all aluminum model. Pretty much any 22 can should be quiet on a bolt gun and 22lr in general - they are pretty hard mess up due to the low gas volume coming out.

If only getting 1 22 can, I would definitely go with stainless construction over aluminum. It is yours for life and you can't clean AL as harshly as stainless as the baffles will erode. Also, it'd be nice to throw it on a 22 mag, 5.7 etc, if the time arises.

TSG in hoschton had a Surefire Ryder 22a for $249. Good can. It's .22LR only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, that is a good price on the Ryder. I assume the 22A is aluminum. Is that correct? I priced a 22S last week and it was $389.

I will give TSG a call today and price some of their cans. My main focus has been an AAC Element 2. I like the reviews on it and not having any experience at all it seems to have everything I am looking for.

Any thoughts?

Dang, that is a good price on the Ryder. I assume the 22A is aluminum. Is that correct? I priced a 22S last week and it was $389.

I will give TSG a call today and price some of their cans. My main focus has been an AAC Element 2. I like the reviews on it and not having any experience at all it seems to have everything I am looking for.

Any thoughts?

22a is aluminum. If going the AL route, I would look no further than Dobbs.

Does anyone know anything about a 22 can manufactured by Huntertown Arms? The model is Guardian 22 SS

I would call Jake at QRF. He carries em and knows em. Their HTA used to be knocked for CS, but I believe that they have been getting better over the past year.

@Quiet Riot Firearms @Slostang

Back
Top Bottom