• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread: Just solicited by an 18yr old from Illinois wanting me to sell him a hand gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Southern Gentlemen

Bear Icon Lifetime Supporter
Death Before Dishonor
187   0
Reaction score
This is what he sent me after I asked him his age and residency info along with eligibility to own said firearm::

I'm moving from Illinois for University. I'm currently 18, and am going to get a Utah Provisional Concealed Firearm Permit ASAP once I get down to Atlanta, which is given to those between 18 and 21. (https://georgiafirearmreciprocity.github.io/20170502_Georgia_Utah_Reciprocity.pdf). Since I'm not 21, I can't buy a handgun from an FFL, which is why I'm here. I've never been in any trouble what so ever, not even a speeding ticket :) I'm in the process of getting my FOID card here in Illinois, which I need to possess firearms within the state of Illinois, however their system is currently super backed up, so I might not get that for multiple more months.

I'm not sure what exactly would be needed to establish residency for the purposes of buying a firearm, but I would presume going to school and living in the state full time would qualify me.

Let me know your thoughts on this ODT

That's Just De'vante, he's from the south side of Chicago. He's straight up!

Cool man! So when you coming by to pick it up?

I figure since you know him and all I’ll sell it to you and you can do with it what you want.

I’m available anytime just let me know

;);););););)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom