• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on the Shockwave and other shorty "shotguns" (I mean firearms)

Just curious what other folks thought of these short barrel birds head handle guns

• Very practical personal defense choice

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Not practical but heck of a lot of fun

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Great platform all the way around

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • As practical as a greased pig and equally hard to hold

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
I have the 12 gauge with pistol grip and SB Brace. I also have the adapter to shoot the mini shells. It is a LOT of fun to shoot, and a very effective home defense gun.

edited-image.png

I have one and love it. I use the mini shells. It takes some practice to get used to it and to determine how to hit the target. But once you figure that out, and it doesn't take long, it is really fun to shoot. I keep mine by my desk at home. I will not say it is the best option for home defense, but it certainly is not the worse, in my opinion. To each his or her own on the subject of home defense. Mine appears to be well made, cycles great, and with the mini shells, the recoil is very manageable. Just my opinion, and what do I know.

I have no first-hand experience with the 14 inch barrel, "raptor grip" firearm / shotguns.

But I do have a lot of experience with the Mossberg 500 cruiser --a pistol grip only shotgun with an 18 inch cylinder bored barrel.

I call it a poor choice for defense because pointability, and controllability during rapid fire, are decidedly inferior to the characteristics of a full butt stocked shotgun.

That being said, I would love to rent one of these Shockwaves or similar firearms at a gun range and try it out for myself .

I've got a Mossberg 590 Talo "Nightstick" (wood furniture) in 12GA and bought a Shockwave 20 GA for my son/DIL.
I like them.

As far as a HD weapon...better than 'nuttin ;)
They say just the sound of racking pump shotgun action can be intimidating.

night stick.png

Back
Top Bottom