Thoughts on Kel-Tec P32

Shotgun Surgery

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
After selling a few different carry guns he never actually ended up carrying, my father is on the hunt for a new carry gun. One of the guns he's considering is a Kel-Tec P32. I've heard that Kel-Tec guns, in general, are not the best but the P32 has been in production for about 20 years and are actually pretty good guns. Anyways, would anyone who owns a P32 give their thoughts on theirs? I know the gun is something like 9oz fully loaded, so it would be a gun he could carry no matter what, but how's the shootability of the gun? How is the recoil? Would someone with very fat fingers get two fingers on the grip, or only one? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Carry gun for years, liked it so much got the same in .380, I carry them both in rotation. Other carry is sig 365, all good, all serve the purpose. My 2nd kel tech .32, probably will always have one.
recommended but it aint no target gun.

I sold my Seecamp and several other .32s after I shot my P32. I find it to be very reliable, reasonably accurate for it’s size, thin, and super lightweight.
I have small hands so have no problem with the grip.
Probably not for everyone because of it’s small size.
Loaded with 60 gr. hollowpoints it has become my ‘always’ gun. Always in it’s DeSantis Nemesis holster in my pocket, regardless of other carry, or sometimes as only carry (with spare 10 rd mag).

I had a p32 for 12+ years.
Got it before the P3AT came out, and indeed before anybody else was offering a true "jeans pocket" sized .380 pistol.
When I came across a good deal on the 380 version I upgraded to that,
and it happened to come with a laser unit that clamps around the trigger guard.
I like that laser because it makes up for the gun's crappy fixed sights, which are almost nonexistent.

It's well worth the loss of one round of capacity to get the greater stopping power of a 380 acp. However, for the elderly, women with weak hands, and beginners who tend to limp wrist small semi automatic pistols, the .32 acp may be better for them.

PS: Both the P32 and P3AT can use an extra long magazine that gives you an extra inch to grip and get your pinky finger around the gun's frame for recoil control.
I never bought one of these magazines for myself but I handled them at Gunshow's and it seems to be a good solution if you find the tiny grip with a standard capacity magazines hurts your ability to control the pistol.

P32 is an excellent tiny carry pistol. I like European FMJ because it’s loaded long enough to prevent rim lock. Recoil is nonexistent. Much prefer it to the small 380’s. Can dump the mag before my Agility Points even get low. Then again my Small Guns skill is maxed out at 100, YMMV. :D

Back
Top Bottom