• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thompson Encore

Silverdo

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
105   0
Reaction score
Got a Thompson Encore, 308 cal, 18 in barrel that has will not fire about 4 out of 12 rounds, ammo is Hornady 308 custom light. The primers show a dimple where the firing pin hit it but no fire, I even tried to recock and fire a second time, Any suggestions I can try, other than a gun smith.

Look up Mike Bellm he has what you need to fix it and it’s an easy fix. Been there done that.

Attachments

• IMG_2968.png
    IMG_2968.png
    527 KB · Views: 1
If you have a hammer spur on the hammer, take it off. That will case light hits. I put a Mike Bellm Kit in mine and no more issues with hammer spur installed.

I had one that had light strikes. It did it when I squeezed real slow on the trigger. I would fife if I jerked it. Some times even the dimpled ones. I to it to a GS . It still was not fixed. Missed some good bucks because of it.

Could be a headspace issue. If chamber is too deep, the firing pin can't reach far enough. I had a 260 rem barrel from them that had same problem. Finally convinced them it was defective and they gave me a new barrel. Don't know if S&W are still doing warranty for them or not. Take the barrel off, drop a round in the chamber and see if it sits below the breech of the barrel. It should be flush or standing a tad proud. Really need a go, no-go gauge to verify for sure, but this will get you started.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom