• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This year's Christmas

Ex313

Air Force Icon Supporter
Wooba Gooba With The Green Teeth
13   0
Reaction score
Part of my job includes provisioning IT equipment for new employees.

This used to be an easy thing to do.
Send a request for a quote to the vendors, pick the best quote, issue a purchase order.

In the last couple of months, this has turned into a situation where the quotes become useless in a matter of hours because vendors have run out of stock. Then we have to figure out a different model that meets our standard and get a quote on those. By the time the PO is approved, guess what?

I'm getting pretty good at finding the stuff our people need. But it's getting harder to do.

If you were going to buy someone something for Christmas that is made outside of the country, you should consider going and getting it now.
Ships aren't getting unloaded in California for a number of reasons, so the stocks the stores/vendors are depending on isn't getting replenished.
I don't know what the trendy toys are this year. My kids are too old for that now. But today is the best day for you to get out there and buy whatever it is you think you're going to give your friends and family.

I'm sure that there are any number of causes for this situation. It doesn't matter what caused it right now. What matters is that the supply chains are about to snap.

Back
Top Bottom