• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

This morning's beach

Depends on when and where. If you come during high season (Nov-March), and want beach living, you're going to pay pay pay. Whatever you do, I advise NOT to go to the popular gringo-tourist landing spots like Jaco, Quepos, Tamarindo, Playa Del Coco. Seek out a quiet beach town, then get out and explore.
So it be better to stay NEAR the beach to visit instead of ON the beach for twice/three times the $$ ??
Or is it even like that there?
Never been, I would love to go!

Depends on when and where. If you come during high season (Nov-March), and want beach living, you're going to pay pay pay. Whatever you do, I advise NOT to go to the popular gringo-tourist landing spots like Jaco, Quepos, Tamarindo, Playa Del Coco. Seek out a quiet beach town, then get out and explore.
Oh come on, man...I love Tamarindo. It's Costa Rica's Myrtle Beach. :laugh:

Looks like paradise. Wife and I lived in Hawaii for a bit. After we saw the same postcard over and over, we moved back to the mainland. I think if we were in our retirement years, we may have been more comfortable with the island life but being away from friends and family and not being able to just road trip to see them nearly broke me.
I hear ya, I lived in St. John USVI back in the 90s. It got old quick because if I wanted to leave the island, the only place to go (for the day) was another island, just like the one I was on. I didn't last long there before getting cabin fever.

So it be better to stay NEAR the beach to visit instead of ON the beach for twice/three times the $$ ??
Or is it even like that there?
Never been, I would love to go!
Let's put it this way: We live about 400 meters from the beach, one of the nicest beach towns in Guanacaste. Next month, we're going to move further inland, because the tourists are noisy and inconsiderate, and we're approaching high season and it's only going to get worse. We found a house (more like a hacienda) that is close enough to the beach, but also nearby the volcano, rafting, hot springs, etc etc etc. So, anyone that visits us will actually have MORE activities nearby than if we were just at the beach.

I hear ya, I lived in St. John USVI back in the 90s. It got old quick because if I wanted to leave the island, the only place to go (for the day) was another island, just like the one I was on. I didn't last long there before getting cabin fever.
I nearly went broke shipping my bike back and forth to ride the different islands just to see something new LOL.
One day….one day we will be beach bound again. For now we are enjoying country life on some acreage. I don’t think we will do the island thing again but a coastal residence would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom