• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THIS IS HOW BAD IT IS OUT THERE...

OK while in Commieland of Connecticut. I self checkout at Wallys, as I pay it prompts me for the number of plastic bags used... I scratch my ass in wonder, I ask behemoth as she says the bags are 10 cents each. WTF ?.. I said zero and dumped my order back in the buggy...
Would’ve dumped that order back in the floor where it belongs... that’s ridiculous.

went to Panda Express the other day (wife is pregnant and was craving it) and she ordered a water and after it’s ordered the lady at the window asks me if it’s okay if they charge a dollar for the cup the water is going in, I told her no and she just stared at me in confusion. I despise nickel and dime places. And I wound up getting the water for free. :)

So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - excuse me?
Her - you are wasting our bags!
Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - that's not my job!
Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her - why are you using two bags?!
Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her - exactly.
Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it.
And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

See here is where I enjoy making someone feel like a complete idiot. I would have had her help me count the number of bags I was using. Until we came to an agreement on the number of bags being used. 1+1=2..having her count them out loud with me ..... I would have done exactly what you did and separated the milk and juice and see if we again agreed that the same number of bags were used in that second "math" process...see 1 bag + 1 bag is still 2 bags...can we agree? Only when you make stupid people acknowledge how stupid they really are they will go through life thinking they are smart making everyone else in the world around them wonder "is this really how bad it is out there" her kids have a bright future....

Radioactive isotopes eventually decay, or disintegrate, to harmless materials. Some isotopes decay in hours or even minutes, but others decay very slowly. Strontium-90 and cesium-137 have half-lives of about 30 years (half the radioactivity will decay in 30 years). Plutonium-239 has a half-life of 24,000 years.
Just keep in mind that Karl's crap never decays. It goes on stinking for all of eternity.

Would’ve dumped that order back in the floor where it belongs... that’s ridiculous.

went to Panda Express the other day (wife is pregnant and was craving it) and she ordered a water and after it’s ordered the lady at the window asks me if it’s okay if they charge a dollar for the cup the water is going in, I told her no and she just stared at me in confusion. I despise nickel and dime places. And I wound up getting the water for free. :)

Don't blame the store for complying with a state law. Connecticut levies a 10 cent tax per plastic bag. No need to be a d-bag to employees doing their job.

Try giving one $20.01 for a $5.01 item and watch them scratch their head to make change.
This is what I love to do after I hand them the 20.
Wait till it is rung in and the register tells them the change. It can take days for them to figure out what to do.
Mike

Radioactive isotopes eventually decay, or disintegrate, to harmless materials. Some isotopes decay in hours or even minutes, but others decay very slowly. Strontium-90 and cesium-137 have half-lives of about 30 years (half the radioactivity will decay in 30 years). Plutonium-239 has a half-life of 24,000 years.
Yeah, but what about the other half?
:boink:

Back
Top Bottom