• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thinking about getting a German Shepherd

Bob_Billy107

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
Like the title says I've been thinking about getting a German Shepherd and wanted to know how owners felt about them and any tips about the breed. I've wanted a GS for a while and have been reading a lot of articles on the breed and training but would like to know first hand accounts of living with them and taking care of them. I would also like to know your recommendations for breeders, I'm looking for a fun and trainable dog not working or show dog.

I a have a 10 year old female german shepard, and she is the most lovable, loyal dog I could ask for. Shes a big baby, the only downside is that she sheds Really bad.

My 7 year old Siberian Husky had to be put down last month and we were heartbroken and needed to get a puppy to cheer us up so we got a German Shepherd. She's almost 12 weeks old and she's amazing! Sitting and shaking already. 95% housebroken.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_06_17_pehe4e6y.jpg

Last edited:
My 7 year old Siberian Husky had to be put down last month and we were heartbroken and needed to get a puppy to cheer us up so we got a German Shepherd. She's almost 12 weeks old and she's amazing! Sitting and shaking already. 95% housebroken.

Thanks for the response. I would want a male GS and to raise him from a puppy. I do not have a fenced in yard but I do like to go hiking and have over 30 miles of trails anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes from my house. How often and how long per day do you exercise the dogs?

Thanks for the response. I would want a male GS and to raise him from a puppy. I do not have a fenced in yard but I do like to go hiking and have over 30 miles of trails anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes from my house. How often and how long per day do you exercise the dogs?

We have a big fenced backyard so she she has lots of room to run with our other Husky. Both dogs stay inside but we play with them a good bit. I'd guess they get a couple hours a day of exercise. She doesn't shed anywhere near the way Huskies do.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_06_17_pehe4e6y.jpg

Hendon's shepherds?

Back
Top Bottom