The writers strike is ov...

I haven't had cable in 7-8 years. It's been longer than that since I've been to movies and I hate sports unless hunting or fishing is a sport you're referencing. We do have a flat screen TV connected to internet and about the only thing ever on is Youtube how to video's. I live a pathetic life! :lol:
I'm right there with you, except I do have Netflix. Haven't had cable in almost 20 years.

What I don't think people understand is that this strike halted ANYTHING union that needed a writer. No SNL, no movies, no sitcoms, no romcoms...nothing. So unless, like RedSquirrel said, they were writing under the table -- and for sure, some were -- you've now put the entire industry almost a year and a half behind. That means no new anything for at least two years. Which means ad and revenue dry up, viewership goes down, local businesses that profited from production (mainly service industry) dry up.

This is far from liBtARds gOnnA liBtARd AnD tHeY giT wHaT tHeY dESeRvE. This has been, and will continue to hit average, ordinary blue collar people hard here in GA and elsewhere.

The absolute ridiculousness of this statement...

First off, no one "wanted Hollywood here." "Hollywood" (which even just using the term and assuming there is one homogeneous consciousness that is "Hollywood" shows how little you know of the industry) came here of its own volition. And you can largely think Bobby Jindal for that. About 8 years or so ago he capped Lousiana's tax breaks for industry filming and so the industry picked up and move a few states over to Georgia. It is easier to work in Georgia. Non-union employees, better tax breaks and Tyler Perry.

Nobody "wished for this." Y'allywood just sort of happened.

But hey, they're all prolly cOmMiE liBtArD jOeBaMmY supporters, though, right? lEt'S gO BrAnDoN!
I musta read it wrong when squirrely said he was a union carpenter 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Well you should be. You know it and I know it.

I'm sorry you don't agree with my career choice but honestly it's none of your damn business. When I was in college and my wife got pregnant, I went back to being a carpenter. I joined the union because they had a Healthcare package, which I needed for my family. Your blanket assumption of everyone in the industry is unwarranted and just plain wrong.

You're obviously ignorant to anything that doesn't directly involve you, and I feel sorry for you in that aspect. A LOT of good folks had a really ****ty summer through no fault of their own. Lost their Healthcare because there were no employer benefits. Possibly lost their homes or vehicles. You don't know their stories.

You may respond to this but I won't see it. Welcome to my ignore list.
So you are college educated and fell back to be a carpenter. You took a job that a non-colleg edumacared dude coulda had. You are the man 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Now. Blast away at me the carpenter :popcorn:

This has been, and will continue to hit average, ordinary blue collar people hard here in GA and elsewhere.
We can just add that to a long list of stuff that's eroding our society something that will be unrecognizable in 10 years. I shutter to think what my youngest daughter will witness.

So you are college educated and fell back to be a carpenter. You took a job that a non-colleg edumacared dude coulda had. You are the man 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Now. Blast away at me the carpenter :popcorn:

No I dropped out of college with a pregnant wife.... probably a mistake but you do what you need to when the bills are due. I don't need to blast at you, but I would put my carpenter skills against you or anyone you know. Bet on that.

I'm right there with you, except I do have Netflix. Haven't had cable in almost 20 years.

What I don't think people understand is that this strike halted ANYTHING union that needed a writer. No SNL, no movies, no sitcoms, no romcoms...nothing. So unless, like RedSquirrel said, they were writing under the table -- and for sure, some were -- you've now put the entire industry almost a year and a half behind. That means no new anything for at least two years. Which means ad and revenue dry up, viewership goes down, local businesses that profited from production (mainly service industry) dry up.

This is far from liBtARds gOnnA liBtARd AnD tHeY giT wHaT tHeY dESeRvE. This has been, and will continue to hit average, ordinary blue collar people hard here in GA and elsewhere.

You can also directly thank Koch Industries for manipulating the political system and bringing it here. But I'm sure these good ol boys love that chicken lol....

I shutter to think what my youngest daughter will witness.
Reminds me of that line the old movie The Rock, where Nicholas Cage's wife is trying to tell him she's pregnant and he says that anyone willing to bring a child into this world is committing an act of lunacy.

Wow. All the different opinions hating on each other just because they are capable of thinking different. And the condescending prickness abounds. And peeps taking the time to make posts about making sure you know what they don’t care about……****.
Forgive me, but my dander is a little riled up. This is a complicated issue and it's hurting a lot of good people who have ABSOLUTELY no control over it. And the issue of AI is very real for people who make money off their likeness and voice. I know those of us in the cheap seats think it's not a big deal but for the people making entertainment for this country, I do not exaggerate when I say this THE line in the sand for them.

If I can just AI up some Tom Cruise, I can make a movie in my basement and he doesn't get a dime. It's a real issue. See the new Indy movie? Wonder how they did young Harrison Ford? AI. So what happens the next time he wants "too much money" to do a movie? Graphics department just makes a digital version and we don't need Han Solo anymore.

So it sucks because I see why they are striking...and in some way support them...but they are hurting A LOT of people.

And then people who are wholly and willfully ignorant of the situation just crop dust a bunch of BS and say "deal with it" or act like it's not a big deal - well, that stings.

Back
Top Bottom