The writers strike is ov...

I thought commies didn't like guns? Or maybe they just don't like us having guns?
They aren't writers. They're set builders. Most of the folks who work on those sets in the same role as them are just regular red blooded Americans like us. The higher ups are for sure yuppy democrats but I have yet to meet a regular blue collar person that works with them that is a Democrat.

I do. 2 guys that are members at my hunting club work on the movie/show sets. They're about to be 6 days a week to get caught up. That means they can't be there to shoot the bucks I'm after :rofl:
Cool… they can work enough OT that the strike was just a long paid vacation.
At least that’s the way it worked when we were out for awhile.

Amazing how many people had absolutely no clue what was going on and the repercussions it had, and will continue to have. There's 7000+ IATSE; not WGA or SAG, members(stagehands - grips, carpenters, painters, PA's, prop people, set dressers....) that live in Atlanta alone, and it will be a month at the least until they get calls for work. Meanwhile the writers will be back in their room next week(like they werent writing under the table this whole time, only to magically produce a screenplay in 2 days lol).

This is going to affect the economy here, its just a matter of time until it affects you directly. The hourly employees here are just like everyone else, they spend their money here.

Yea I make a pretty decent living when I work, it just takes me 72+ hours a week of manual labor to do it.

Amazing how many people had absolutely no clue what was going on and the repercussions it had, and will continue to have. There's 7000+ IATSE; not WGA or SAG, members(stagehands - grips, carpenters, painters, PA's, prop people, set dressers....) that live in Atlanta alone, and it will be a month at the least until they get calls for work. Meanwhile the writers will be back in their room next week(like they werent writing under the table this whole time, only to magically produce a screenplay in 2 days lol).

This is going to affect the economy here, its just a matter of time until it affects you directly. The hourly employees here are just like everyone else, they spend their money here.

Yea I make a pretty decent living when I work, it just takes me 72+ hours a week of manual labor to do it.
Small minded people will never be able to grasp nuanced issues. So all you'll ever get is "dUr hUrRRr liBtaRd HolLyWEiRd" in response.

And to the "I don't watch TV" crowd, I hope you also don't go to the movies or consume any other media other than sports and reality TV. Because everything else will be and has already been affected.

Well you wanted Hollywood here so live with it.Be careful what you wish for.

Back
Top Bottom