• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

the worst kind of hunter-shot 2 dogs because he wanted to

Who is condoning that? ??? (And if you want to talk about "damage to nature" I'm pretty sure the worst critters aren't on 4 legs.).
I'm personally condoning following the law.
My neighbors cows and donkeys have gotten onto my property more than once. Cows love food plots. (And fruit trees and native browse...). I guess I should have just shot them.

You can read the comments in this thread for yourself. It's quite evident who condones it.

And cows don't harass wildlife. In fact, at night, cows make it easier to hunt certain critters.

Nothing is native here if you just go back in time far eneough. I meant they were not brought here for human enjoyment. i don't have a dog in this fight ( get it ), but just hate to hear about someone's pet being shot for fun. Was dove hunting in Albany once and shot a two foot tall antnest, that was pretty cool. Everyone decides what is right for themselves unless the game warden is there, then he decides.

Feral cats do far more damage to wildlife than feral dogs. Would offer a more challenging shot to you guys that like shooting possibly domesticated animals that run in front your stand.

Feral cats do far more damage to wildlife than feral dogs. Would offer a more challenging shot to you guys that like shooting possibly domesticated animals that run in front your stand.
Feral cats you say??? Having to bush hog more fields than I can to admit, the one thing that surprised me is how many rats are in a field..Feral cats are welcome, until they get into the chicken cop..Then I might have a problem

Feral cats you say??? Having to bush hog more fields than I can to admit, the one thing that surprised me is how many rats are in a field..Feral cats are welcome, until they get into the chicken cop..Then I might have a problem
Cats killed off virtually all of the quail population on my uncle's land. I don't mind them around my barn , as long as they're not tearing into anything. Just thought it may be more of a blood lust challenge being a smaller target.:becky:

Cats killed off virtually all of the quail population on my uncle's land. I don't mind them around my barn , as long as they're not tearing into anything. Just thought it may be more of a blood lust challenge being a smaller target.:becky:
Well never thought about quail, although I do love frying them, Quail that is..

It's completely reasonable to shoot dogs running loose, they are nuisance animals to cattle and wild game, but keeping their tags as trophies is over the line. I'd say it's the owners fault more so than the hunters.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

did t
Who is condoning that? ??? (And if you want to talk about "damage to nature" I'm pretty sure the worst critters aren't on 4 legs.).
I'm personally condoning following the law.
My neighbors cows and donkeys have gotten onto my property more than once. Cows love food plots. (And fruit trees and native browse...). I guess I should have just shot them.
his cows kill your trees and not eat anything? did they destroy your food plots, just because they saw them. or did they destroy them by eating them. also i assume the cows and donkey are pinned (locked up) and not just turned loose to roam like dogs. i have seen dogs kill because its in their nature, they are predators. the problem with domestic dogs, is they still have the instinct to hunt. but often its not for food, they kill and let it lie.
yes, you have the right to shoot them. but to put it in context. if you went out to harvest your garden, and the cows and donkeys chased away your veggies. or just chewed your veggies and left them lie, or threatened you ( mooed and hey hawd at you. they dont bark and growl) you are well within your rights to shoot them. big difference between a herbivore and a predator.

did t

he cows kill your trees and not eat anything? did they destroy your food plots, just because they saw them. or did they destroy them by eating them. also i assume the cows and donkey are pinned (locked up) and not just turned loose to roam like dogs. i have seen dogs kill because its in their nature, they are predators. the problem with domestic dogs, is they still have the instinct to hunt. but often its not for food, they kill and let it lie.
yes, you have the right to shoot them. but to put it in context. if you went out to harvest your garden, and the cows and donkeys chased away your veggies. or just chewed your veggies and left them lie, or threatened you ( mooed and hey hawd at you. they dont bark and growl) you are well within your rights to shoot them. big difference between a herbivore and a predator.
So the dog has to be a threat to you before you shoot it?? I don't understand I thought it was ok to shoot them just because they weren't in a fence.

Back
Top Bottom