• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The third Monday in January…

Historically speaking is a Holiday….one that has been overwritten in our history with another historically significant person…Do you guys remember Robert E. Lee day? Stonewall Jackson day? Do you remember confederate soldiers day? Any of the other significant heroes?
The state of GA used to observe Confederate Memorial Day.

When I was on the detail van at the port of Brunswick we pulled plastic covering off new Kias and Hyundais all day long out in the heat,cold and sand gnats. So me and an OLD dude named Horace sat across from each other at the back of the van. No rear doors and some welded on steps to get in and out easier.
Anyway Horace was over 70 and already retired from I believe GA Pacific. He was the first one to the van everyday getting the ice and water coolers ready. I should mention that Horace was really black. So one day before I left the port everyone was talking about MLK Day and if we were working or not. So then Horace ( who didn't say much) spoke up and said " I think everybody ought to celebrate MLK Day by getting they ass up and going to WORK."
And that was some of the funniest truthful **** I ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom