The SKS

Idk bayoneting for gurgles is a JV move cause that montsrum light laser red dot sniper scope combo is probably 4-5 good thrusts away from falling off.
Mine ain't going no where!
1694183914402.jpeg

I am not willing to spend a lot of money on modifying my SKS but I would like to see one in a jungle carbine type configuration.

1- Barrel bobbed to just a couple inches in front of the gas port, and a very effective flash hider permanently mounted.

(If necessary, The gas-port would be opened up to give the action the correct pressure it needs to cycle.)

2-- Iron sights removed and a scope base mounted upfront for a scout rifle type optic . Set up for a long eye relief low power variable scope with illuminated reticle.

3-- The magazine would hold 20 rounds not 10 but it would still be the same type of internal magazine that you load from the top via stripper clips, and has a quick dump feature when you want to clear the weapon to make it safe for a cold firing line.

drill it, put taco mags and a dragonuv stock on it and you're still shooting 12 moa and now basically useless

5 MOA for mine, with early 1990's Russian HP ammo. Maybe 7 m.o.a. with modern cheap stuff. But, that still gives you a "minute of bad guy" out to 200 yards which is four times the effective range of a pistol or shotgun w/ buckshot.

I’m going to buy the nicest, rarest SKS, like a Serbian or Albanian one. Mint condition, drop $1500 on it, then I’m going to give it to @Fatal_Bert for him to Cerakote in multicam!!

Rarest are North Korean, East German and North Vietnamese. They can sell for 4000+.

The Chinese & Yugoslavian ones are easy to find. Russians are available in pretty good numbers too.

Ones from Albania and Romania are less common and are usually a bit more expensive.

No matter which country you choose from, you're getting mil-surp perfection.

Back
Top Bottom