• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The sks should not come with mags..

Not been my experience. My SKS D groups a solid 8 MOA, whereas my AK groups under 4 with the same ammo. After I upgraded the sights!

And the SKS trigger? There's like 2" of initial travel and it has to be completely released again to reset. Gotta be the worst trigger in the world. And whatever you do, DON'T DRY FIRE THEM, as it can damage something in it's worthless guts.

Why the heck to people like these things so much? I can't see any reason other than at one time you could buy a standard SKS for $69. I paid $179 for mine "back in the day" when ammo cost $109 for 1,000 rounds and I didn't have a darned clue how to shoot. I thought 200 yards was a LONG way! Once I bought my AK the SKS just gathered dust.

And the AK joined the SKS as a dust collector after I bought a rifle more suited to Riflemen instead of one made for unwashed peasants. At least somebody makes a 'real' folding stock for the AK.
You got a bad sks... my trigger is beautiful.

You got a bad sks... my trigger is beautiful.

I've owned three in my time, all Norinco. 1st was a regular with spike bayonet, then I traded for a "paratrooper", and then I bought an SKS D, since it would take AK mags. All had crap triggers. Super long pulls, super long resets. Maybe Yugos are better, I don't know, I never tried.

Don't get me wrong, shoot what you like. Variety is the spice of life and all. They were always reliable for me, for sure, and worked well enough out to 100 yds.

But personally, I've never been that enamored of the SKS, except when they and the ammo were dirt cheap.

Back
Top Bottom