"The Road" movie

Just saw "The Road" on Showtime on demand, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It's a very sad movie but thought provoking at the same time. I have more than two bullets but I think I'll stock up on food & water!

very good movie, I saw it before it was released, there used to be a web site I went to to watch movies before they came out, it has been shut down now. but the movie was a shocker to say the least, and sad.

********Spoilers below*********

For those of you that have seen The Road, what did you think about the Dad's decision to leave the underground bunker? I don't think they mentioned it in the movie, but in the book it was mentioned that the bunker had quite a bit of ammo (although no guns, and none that would fit his revolver), food, water, medical supplies, etc. Enough for an extended stay to say the least.

I think it would have been prudent to at least secure the bunker and keep it as a cache location after hiding it better. Maybe not prudent to stay there (one entrance, no escape route, no means of external security), but to leave it as is seemed dumb IMO.

The turning point seemed to be when the Dad started healing and heard the dog barking outside the bunker. It made him paranoid about people finding them and the bunker and prompted him to leave it behind. How ironic is it that the dog belonged to the family that was following him and his son throughout the story, and they ultimately caused him to leave the bunker, get shot with the arrow, get sick again and succumb to his illness.

********Spoilers below*********

For those of you that have seen The Road, what did you think about the Dad's decision to leave the underground bunker? I don't think they mentioned it in the movie, but in the book it was mentioned that the bunker had quite a bit of ammo (although no guns, and none that would fit his revolver), food, water, medical supplies, etc. Enough for an extended stay to say the least.

I think it would have been prudent to at least secure the bunker and keep it as a cache location after hiding it better. Maybe not prudent to stay there (one entrance, no escape route, no means of external security), but to leave it as is seemed dumb IMO.

The turning point seemed to be when the Dad started healing and heard the dog barking outside the bunker. It made him paranoid about people finding them and the bunker and prompted him to leave it behind. How ironic is it that the dog belonged to the family that was following him and his son throughout the story, and they ultimately caused him to leave the bunker, get shot with the arrow, get sick again and succumb to his illness.

Didn't see the ammo in the movie, but when they left the shelter behind I couldn't believe it! I would've concealed it as best as I could and kept going back to it in the dark to get supplies. Also would've been trying to find a weapon that I could use the ammo in.

Back
Top Bottom