"The Road" movie

giverthegun

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
Before I put the DVD in last night, I had no clue what this movie was about other than the brief description on the DVD cover. It basically said it was a post-apocalyptic survival tale of a man and his son. This movie does not have the special effects that we have come to expect from end of the world movies. It doesn't even tell us what event brought about the apocalypse. It is though a grim movie about a father and son clinging to their humanity while trying be the "good guys" and avoiding the "bad guys". It is a depressing movie that left a weight on my chest. I can't help but wonder how I would handle life like this with my own kids.

The movie did get me thinking about how my family's survival might be determined more by the "fire" inside me than how many water filters and freeze dried #10 cans I accumulate.

I recommend that everyone see this movie once.

The movie did get me thinking about how my family's survival might be determined more by the "fire" inside me than how many water filters and freeze dried #10 cans I accumulate.

This.

This is a very...very intense and sobering movie. Not a popcorn and candy flick. I agree, everyone should see this.

Take heart.

GREAT movie, and a great book also. Very similar to one another, although the movie did change one thing at the end that I thought was VERY critical to the story. I won't spoil it for you in case you end up reading it, but aside from that one thing they are basically a scene-by-scene copy of each other.

I thought this movie was great. "Carrying the fire" is something that hopefully all will do in a time like the pme portrayed in the movie. just to bad the wife took a long walk down a cold, dark road. i rented it and watched it three times. very sombering as people have said, and makes think about what's important in life.

I read the book a while ago and watched the movie. not really something to watch on friday night with the family (IMHO) but not too bad. just finished reading a couple of other similar books which again IMHO were a bit better with a bit more detail but I guess that's just me. :)

Back
Top Bottom