The Official dumb things you've seen in listings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know RIA? Well, RIA builds robust, and mostly reliable 1911's. Think of Kimbers like RIA, minus the reliability, flashy presentation (I.e. advertising), and substandard parts that are mostly MIM.

RIA knows what type of brand it is, and sells accordingly. It is honest about it's brand.

Kimber sells thinking its a Colt, Dan Wesson, Nighthawk or upper end STI. But in reality, they're entry level bottom feeder. I've seen people get warranty denied, poor QC, crappy reliability.
See 1911 forums for yourself.
https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27#/forums/27?page=1

Also, there is something else going on with Kimber that has to do with NY values but I forgot.

If you want a good 1911 for the money, and quality, Dan Wesson is your starting point. Not Kimber. Ever.

“I've never owned nor even fired a Kimber , but I've never heard anything good about them either . The only person I knew that had one spent a lot of money on it to make it run better .”

That is the entire first post (after OP asks question) from a “Kimber 1911 Quality” thread in a gun forum....just a perfect example of why you shouldn’t believe everything the internets tell you. Most handguns shoot well for a couple hundred rounds, but when you start getting high into the thousands you’ll see real quality and why price point matters. That’s something most people just don’t do. They shoot 100 rounds and spew their “RIA better than Kimber cause it’s half price and shoots exactly the same”.

I don't know if it's the same guy, but one dude IMs me about buying a gun, but I have a feeling he is just trolling. His username starts with "Glock" and ends in "..ed". He sure wants to buy a lot of things, but has zero feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom