• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The City of Atlanta is really starting to suck

Atlanta is only good for Braves, 6 Feet Under, and the Varsity....other than that...they can have it. Wish the damn dome moved to Gwinnett so the Falcons would be closer....but at least I am 20 min. from UGA and G-Braves!

Whoever planned out the city's interstate system should be drawn and quartered. I've never been to a city this large with such a poorly designed and inefficient highway system. Whoever thought clover-leafs were a good idea (people trying to get ON the highway in the same 400 feet of road as people trying to get OFF the highway....REALLY???) should be committed to a psychiatric ward for extensive evaluation. And, apparently, the highway planners of ATL thought clover-leaf exchanges were a GREAT idea, since most of the on- and off-ramps on the north end are just that.

ATL should take a look at Dallas, Houston, and Austin highway systems. I grew up in the Dallas area and NEVER experienced the kind of traffic that I have in ATL. Every time someone comes to visit me from TX, the one thing they all agree on is that the highway system here is TERRIBLE. How is it that you can have parts of I-75 where there are 8 LANES going each direction and STILL have stop-and-go traffic?!? Its insane!!!

So glad to be moving back to TX next week.

Last edited:
A local saddle club has a wagon train that comes by my house about once a month and the horses/mules crap in the road. I sometimes get behind a farmer on a tractor and have to creep along until an opportunity to pass presents itself. I will take these any day over that big pile of crap called Atlanta, or any big city. I don't think it is healthy to cram that many folks together, at least it ain't for me.

I'll second that emotion! I grew up in a dominantly rural area and do miss the farm community "problems". :)

Atlanta is starting to remind me of detroit. Couple more years of the same old same old and the transformation will be complete.

i don't foresee that since businesses are coming to Atlanta and not leaving like they did in Detroit. Now the crime rate may match Detroits...but those who complain about Atlanta, and live in Atlanta, then get out of Atlanta....just my 2 cents...I went from the Clayton County to Jackson County and wouldn't trade it for the world. Rather be stuck in the traffic jams involving tractors and chicken trucks! I do not miss a dang thing about living down there. Now if Turner Field can move north of I-20 we would be good....

Whoever planned out the city's interstate system should be drawn and quartered. I've never been to a city this large with such a poorly designed and inefficient highway system. Whoever thought clover-leafs were a good idea (people trying to get ON the highway in the same 400 feet of road as people trying to get OFF the highway....REALLY???) should be committed to a psychiatric ward for extensive evaluation. And, apparently, the highway planners of ATL thought clover-leaf exchanges were a GREAT idea, since most of the on- and off-ramps on the north end are just that.

ATL should take a look at Dallas, Houston, and Austin highway systems. I grew up in the Dallas area and NEVER experienced the kind of traffic that I have in ATL. Every time someone comes to visit me from TX, the one thing they all agree on is that the highway system here is TERRIBLE. How is it that you can have parts of I-75 where there are 8 LANES going each direction and STILL have stop-and-go traffic?!? Its insane!!!

So glad to be moving back to TX next week.

I may have missed it in another post somewhere but what's got you moving back to TX jeep?

If city govt doesn't get it's act together, those businesses will be leaving.

i don't foresee that since businesses are coming to Atlanta and not leaving like they did in Detroit. Now the crime rate may match Detroits...but those who complain about Atlanta, and live in Atlanta, then get out of Atlanta....just my 2 cents...I went from the Clayton County to Jackson County and wouldn't trade it for the world. Rather be stuck in the traffic jams involving tractors and chicken trucks! I do not miss a dang thing about living down there. Now if Turner Field can move north of I-20 we would be good....

I may have missed it in another post somewhere but what's got you moving back to TX jeep?

Relocating my family there so that my wife and sons will have a support system that they don't have here in GA (all of my family and many of our friends still live in Dallas) when I leave for Army Basic in September. They'll stay in TX during my BCT, Phase IV, and the first portion of my language training at DLI in California. They will then move out to CA with me after the school year is over, next June.

Relocating my family there so that my wife and sons will have a support system that they don't have here in GA (all of my family and many of our friends still live in Dallas) when I leave for Army Basic in September. They'll stay in TX during my BCT, Phase IV, and the first portion of my language training at DLI in California. They will then move out to CA with me after the school year is over, next June.

Ah, good reason! :) As always, Thank You for your service-in advance. I'm sorry you have to go to Commifornia. lol

Back
Top Bottom