• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the 60's must have been awesome

Ok, I see this type of thing posted all the time and to be honest it really gets me. What in the world would make you think this is a family place? Is it the constant references to womens genitalia (tacos), or possibly to long running forum joke regarding a sodomized cornish game hen (Chicken and legos) or was it the general purpose of the web site (trading firearms)?

Look, I understand that some of you may show your children something in the classifieds section from time to time, and possibly something in hunting chat, firearms chat, etc. but general discussion? Not a chance. Quit looking for other people to do your parenting. This is a web site created by grown adults for grown adults. This is not a family web site. If it were you might see forums regarding barney, pokeymon, kittens and puppies etc. Don't take your children into places full of grown adults and expect those grown adults to alter their behavior simply because you brought a child someplace they don't belong in the first place.

I have a 12 year old boy. Do I let him surf the ODT? Absolutely not. Facebook? Nope. AR15.com? Again, no. I don't allow him to surf these areas not because I am afraid he will see something inappropriate, but because those web sites are not designed, created, or aimed at 12 year old kids. My exwife was a bartender at a "lodge" that claimed their focus was children but in reality it was just a 501c set up to get around tax laws so that the members could drink cheap tax free beer. It used to make me sick to see the "members" who would bring their children into the "lodge" which was nothing more than a bar and then expect everyone in the "lodge" to watch their language simply because children were present. You would have guys falling down drunk who couldn't walk a straight line, who were trying to get into the panties of some 60 year old widow yelling at younger guys for saying "aw hell" with children present.

If you don't want your children to see grown men acting like grown men, keep your children out of places full of grown men who are engaged and talking about grown men things.

I understand that we are blessed with quite a few women on the ODT, and I understand that some of our "male" members are extremely offended by foul language so I don't have a problem with the language sensor, but please quit with the whole "family friendly" bull crap.

I am absolutely with you.... I have a hard time getting my friends with children to understand this. I don't have children and I invite you to my house for a night of beer drinking and bull****ting and you feel the need to bring your 3 year old and then complain when I drop the FBOMB? I think not...The door is over there.

ok, i see this type of thing posted all the time and to be honest it really gets me. What in the world would make you think this is a family place? Is it the constant references to womens genitalia (tacos), or possibly to long running forum joke regarding a sodomized cornish game hen (chicken and legos) or was it the general purpose of the web site (trading firearms)?

Look, i understand that some of you may show your children something in the classifieds section from time to time, and possibly something in hunting chat, firearms chat, etc. But general discussion? Not a chance. Quit looking for other people to do your parenting. This is a web site created by grown adults for grown adults. This is not a family web site. If it were you might see forums regarding barney, pokeymon, kittens and puppies etc. Don't take your children into places full of grown adults and expect those grown adults to alter their behavior simply because you brought a child someplace they don't belong in the first place.

I have a 12 year old boy. Do i let him surf the odt? Absolutely not. Facebook? Nope. Ar15.com? Again, no. I don't allow him to surf these areas not because i am afraid he will see something inappropriate, but because those web sites are not designed, created, or aimed at 12 year old kids. My exwife was a bartender at a "lodge" that claimed their focus was children but in reality it was just a 501c set up to get around tax laws so that the members could drink cheap tax free beer. It used to make me sick to see the "members" who would bring their children into the "lodge" which was nothing more than a bar and then expect everyone in the "lodge" to watch their language simply because children were present. You would have guys falling down drunk who couldn't walk a straight line, who were trying to get into the panties of some 60 year old widow yelling at younger guys for saying "aw hell" with children present.

If you don't want your children to see grown men acting like grown men, keep your children out of places full of grown men who are engaged and talking about grown men things.

I understand that we are blessed with quite a few women on the odt, and i understand that some of our "male" members are extremely offended by foul language so i don't have a problem with the language sensor, but please quit with the whole "family friendly" bull crap.

****ing amen

Back
Top Bottom