• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

That ****in Ginger Beard guy...what an asshole!

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Call out thread come at me mods!
A promise is a promise been drinking all day because ery'one is Irish today.

Here you go ****ers....heres the story of how I ended up on jusdge Joe brown.

In this thread
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/anyone-have-experience-with-small-claims-court.2753165/
my 15 minutes of fame was brought up in the form of a small claims filing and how I ended up on Judge Joe Brown. Unfortunately, I can't find the episode as his show is no longer active and the DVD they sent me home with has been lost to the ether in the many moves since it occurred.

I typed this up to copy and paste so it wasn't drunk mumblings, therefore, easier to follow. The only reason you are seeing this is because I've got my grubby hands on some liquid courage, am very Irish, and somehow managed to copy and pasted this into a new post for your enjoyment/speculation/judgment.

This is is a lot of personal information but you'll get a better idea of who Gingerbeard Man is and why he's such an asshole (Most of you know I'm not). So get some popcorn, grab a beer and enjoy....

What happened?
Before I moved for work to (redacted) from (redacted), I was set up with a girl from my Mom's work. We went out and we just didn't have a connection, however, her friend we were with - maaaaaan it was like fireworks and a bonfire and a belly full of whiskey. The fire was burning and sparks were flying! It felt natural, like I knew her and we'd been with each other for years. ****! The timing was absolutely awful....I was moving and she was at the tail end of a bad relationship. We agreed to still talk and see how it all plays out.

Made the move to (redacted), her and I still chatted but those long talks became shorter and eventually faded as our lives stayed busy.

About 6 months down the line I planned a trip home to surprise my Mom for Mother's day. On a whim, I messaged her (girl friend, I'll call her that from here on out) and she was over the moon excited and told me she had broken up with her ex and has been single and was just focusing on work.

I booked my surprise flight and the girl friend picked me up from the airport. We drove to my Mom's work and it was exciting to see her reaction not knowing I was visiting. Things are going as planned, if not better. We go to the store so I can get some ingredients to make a good Italian meal for us to enjoy while my mom got to meet this little lady trying to steal her son away from her. (Hard to believe a Gingerbeard is Italian, huh?)

Dinner went great, being a gentleman, girl friend and I said our good night's and parted ways. I stayed at my mom's place while she went home, but not before making plans for the next day.

Around 1am I get an odd voicemail, phone didn't ring. It was just a muffled voice I couldn't understand. Thought it was just a butt dial or prank call and went to bed.
(((This is important later in the story)))

Next day came and Mom went to work and I let her know I was going to spend time with the girl friend. She was just happy I was home to visit and really liked this young lady.

Girl friend picks me up in the afternoon. It was like we picked up from 6 months ago. Pure fire between us. Couldn't keep our hands off each other. We went out for lunch and planned to hit a bar with friends that evening to watch a local band play. Night went off without a hitch, hit the bars, drank ourselves silly and after last call we found our way to Denny's to offset our alcohol consumption with some greasy breakfast food. Everything, and I mean everything was just flowing so perfectly. After all was said and done, we parted ways and got a cab back to her place.

This is the first time I saw where she lived. After her breakup she ventured out on her own, renting a basement equivalent of a studio apartment.
We get inside, just rambling because we were both sauced. I was getting myself comfortable sitting at the edge of her bed with my back faced to the entrance taking my shoes off...

Next thing I remember, I was being hauled off on a stretcher and there were about 5 police cruisers outside of this house.
Cue the: "Yup that's me, you're probably wondering how I got myself in this situation."

After I came to and was coherent enough to have a conversation, "girl friend" (notice the quotes now) told me what happened. Her "ex" still had a key to her car, had taken the garage door opener and made his way inside the basement apartment where he sat in the closet waiting for her or apparently both of us to get back.

How I was situated paired with the level of intoxication put me at possibly the worst disadvantage anyone could be in to get jumped. He attacked me with my back turned. Hit me in the base of my neck and head. It was lights out immediately. The way I fell was between the wall and the bed, pinned and face up. He apparently used this to his advantage by stomping on my face knocking out my front teeth. She told me she jumped on his back and got him to go outside. The homeowner is the one that called the police.

I ended up with a TBI and spent the next few days at the hospital and at the dentist's office reconstructing my mouth and running tests. At that point I had never had a cavity or had anything more than a routine cleaning and exam, worst physical injuries I had ever had up to that point were from playing football.

I still had another week home. Stayed at my mom's house. "Girl friend" came over and we talked, she said she wanted to leave everything behind and move in with me and start over. I'll be honest, my head still felt like a fishbowl at that time so clear thoughts weren't my expertise. We planned it out, spent the rest of our time
and
That whole time I still felt like my head was in the clouds. Definitely not thinking things through at all.

The day came where I was to fly back to (redacted) to get back to work and have some semblance of a normal life. She was coming with. Me and my mental impairment was excited. The day of she got her hair and nails done, packed her **** and we hit the airport. We got there and she freaked and opted out and took off. Of course in my non-logical mind I was broken for a second time (but THANK THE GOOD LORD SHE DID WHAT SHE DID!)

I flew back, broken hearted, defeated but more than happy to get back to my new friends and familiar things in (redacted).

Fast forward a bit, I get my hands on the police report. Apparently the "girl friend" in her statement said she wasn't broken up and was still working on their relationship. I remembered that voicemail from the night before the incident? It was still saved for some reason. Listening to it again with context, the person said "I'll ****ing kill you!" It was the ex. Wish I could have dodged that bullet if I could have heard that clearly. Apparently he knew the plans all along as he was going through her phone. Back then you could send a voicemail to someone's phone without actually calling them. Apparently he wanted to give me fair warning but at the time, at 1am and half asleep, all I heard was mumbling.

Fast forward a little more, I've moved on. I've had a blast just doing things for me. I've gone out, had a good time and had no problems with adding notches to the bed post and kicking them out in the morning. I wasn't about to get myself in another situation like that. I was fine meeting a pretty lady, get them back to my place and giving them their to-go cup of coffee.

In all this time, I'm racking up dental and therapy costs. I'm happy on the outside but I also notice my fuse went from a mile long easy-going, laid back dude to spark it and it's on, mother****er! At this point I trust absolutely no one with anything and everything and I truly believed that every last person in this world lacked good intentions. Had a big new smile but my mind was broken.

I flew back home again, this time to be the Best Man at my friend's wedding. This is where I met my now wife.

Fast forward some more, I've moved back, have a new job, my fiance and I buy a house. I'm still paying for dental reconstructive work to be done and therapy. It's way beyond what small claims would allow but I talked to my fiance and said "Hey, none of this was my fault, why am I on the hook for these expenses?" She agreed and off I went to file a small claims case with the police report I had. Paid the fee, filed the case and back home I went.

Within 24 hours, I was contacted by both shows (Joe and Judy) and they were competing with getting me out there. Fun fact, they were both in the same studio in California with only a wall separating them. Filming was done on alternating days between the shows.

I ended up on Judge Joe Brown because that tiny lady judge scares the **** out of me.

Anyways, it all plays out in tv court. They aren't wrong, it is real, the courtroom audience is not, they are all paid actors/extras there for reaction shots. I asked the judge to forego any settlement if I could have a sober 10 minutes in a locked room with the guy. My request was denied, but don't worry retribution found it's way in due time. I won the settlement for the max small claims for the state where it was filed.

Flew back home, used the money on our wedding.

Found out "girl friend" decided to get engaged to the guy. She would still email me and tell me how bad the situation was. Not surprisingly, their relationship didn't last.

I've been with my wife now for 15 years. God bless the broken road, right?

I won't go into details further than this, but I can say that karma will eventually catch you slipping, patience is a virtue and loyal friends are a blessing.

In closing, I will say a few things. I still struggle with trust, I have eyes on everything at all times. If I get even a hint of someone lying or being a cheat, I go from 0 to 100 in a split second; it's a blackout moment for me. I call people out on their bull**** with no filter and the only justification I have is that I mentally won't allow myself to be vulnerable to anything ever again.

Again, this was written while sober, at least the first half, and posted while drinking.....now you know what in the ever living **** is wrong with that Gingerbeard Man.

200.gif

Looking forward to meeting up 😉 LOL

And if you ever have the chance to meet Mrs. Gingerbeard, thank her for being a patient saint. For 15 years she has been my rock.

Well, **** man.
I'll just skip the comedy for now. I'm sorry that happened to you but there's gold in there.

Congratulations, welcome home!
I believe we call that time of life being young dumb and full of c**

Preciate ya.

Back
Top Bottom