• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thanks to the folks at HOG SWAT...223 knocks the crap outta hogs

300AAC-hoghunter

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   0
Reaction score
I moved to Georgia from California in 2002. While in California, I spent all my free time in the field with my father. I have always had reservations about the kind of hunters I would meet in GA and spent the last 10 years here in GA kinda shy to the sport.

That shyness came to a complete halt last year when my hunting buddy of 40 years(my dad) passed away from liver cancer. Spending the last few days of his life with him made me miss the things that he and I used to do together. I really missed weekends boar hunting on the california central coast. I really missed the winters that we spent waterfowl hunting near the mexican border, the countless weekends mule deer hunting on the AZ/CA border. Lets just say I really missed the time with my dad. 10 years...no guns, no hunting license, no nothing.

This had to change, I had to find a way to get over my reservations about hunting in GA and just go do it. There was no way I was going to miss this time with my son. I wanted to be ready for him for when he is old enough to go into the field with me. I had to pass to him what was passed to me.

That was a year ago and a lot has changed. Ive met some really good people. I am ready for my son when he is ready to be my hunting buddy.

until....

I was on my way to hunt with Hal Shouse and the folks and HOG Swat yesterday when i realized that i had forgotten my belt at home and didn't want to be stalking hogs at night while worrying about my pants falling off. I stopped into the store and picked out a belt that i could have easily bought at walmart for 10 bucks. No hellos, no thank you..no nothing. Just the total amount..41 bucks. I even said "thank you ma'am after you handed me my change...still no response. This is the reservations i was talking about having...the dirty looks for being an asian man hunting. I have enjoyed this sport more than you ever will and will continue to do so.

I am an Asian American. I hunt. I fish. Get over it please...yes you, the girl behind the counter at Backwood Outdoors in Leesburg GA.

I get to where I'm supposed to be and thank god the folks at HOG Swat were awesome. Thanks Hal. Its guys like you that make it worthwhile. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations on those 2 hogs last night.

And to the naysayers .223 75grain bullets DROPS HOGS DEAD!!! I AM NOW BELIEVER

I fired 2 shots last night. both were clean head shots. both hogs dropped dead.

Hal was having a hard time taking the backstraps out of the larger hog because his skin was thick as hell. I am truly a believer now. I'm just kinda sad i sold off most my ARs:grey:

photo 3.jpg

I've seen some of your Badass guns for sale and there is no doubting you're into the sport. Would it be offensive to say you dropped those hogs with Ninja like precision?

I have spent some time Thermal hunting with Hal and HogSwat.... I brought a few friends that have been hunting for over 30plus years each..... They still talk about it..... we had a blast stomping the peanut fields..... It sounds like you had similar success.... as far as the Asian thing.... sorry to say, those types of people are every where.....

Back
Top Bottom