• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks (& News) from Protective Measures- Exciting year ahead incl. a New Range)

protective measures

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   1
Reaction score
First of all, many thanks to all of you who took the time to drive from different cities all over Ga. to come & train with us this past year. It has been a real pleasure to meet you & often your family/ friends & put faces w/ "names".

Last year we held the largest number of classes in the history of the school & expect to surpass that number this year.
We also had the honor of hosting two guest Instructors last year... one a well-known Instructor from another school & the other an active duty (at that time) soldier from one of our countries most elite Special Missions Units.
His approx. decade & a half of service was coming to an end & thankfully he was able to come participate in teaching between deployments. It was interesting to me to see the evolution of the "Tier One" soldier from the "knuckle-dragger" Dick Marcinko days to the Ivy League smart, tri-athlete, multi-linguistic, super-soldier of today.
For all of the problems our country has it is very confidence inspiring to know that we still have the best military in the world.

While most of my classes are "custom" & held weekly or bi-weekly (3 last week & 4 the week before) later tonight I will post the first date of a series of classes that will be offered for both ODT members (w/ a discount for members :) & alumni from previous courses) & the general public.

I am excited to inform you that there is now a new staff member joining Protective Measures.
His name is Duane Neal. He is a former Marine, F.B.I. Certified Sniper, former S.W.A.T. certified LE, from which he has recently retired He also is an active competitive shooter & certified as an Instructor in multiple firearms disciplines. I am excited to have someone that not only brings his experience to the school but also his patient teaching demeanor that translates well to civilians.

As far as the next "remote" class I will be offering it looks like it will be sometime in either late Feb. or Mar. & will be held in Loganville, Ga. thanks to "Forlorn Hope" for offering to host two classes... one my "Basic Defensive Pistol" class & the other a hybrid of a "Basic" & "Intermediate" class tailored to suit the needs of students who have attended other Basic classes & believe they are ready for more advanced training.
We will start it off by having each attendee shoot a qualifier & will then group each shooter into a squad of shooters of similar skill levels so that we can keep it safe while still helping each person to get the most out of the class & for their money.

Also after 6 years at my current range I am in the process of looking for a larger tract of land to purchase where myself & some investors will be opening up a private range where we will be hosting classes, competitions such as (hopefully) GSSF, IDPA, 3-Gun, etc., "Family Days (rimfire only)", & occasionally limited "Open to the Public" days for non-members w/ all ranges being supervised by R.S.O.'s to insure the safety of everyone.
Our plan is to have at least 4 to 6 pistol ranges 25 to 30 yards long, 2 or 3 rifle ranges from at least 250 to 500 yards long, a clubhouse/ pro-shop w/ restrooms, conversation area & hopefully a skeet/ trap shooting course.
Location wise we plan on having this facility located somewhere between North Bartow Co, Gordon Co, Whitfield Co, or Catoosa Co.
As this endeavor progresses I will keep you all informed.

Again...thanks to all of you who have came out or inquired about my classes.
I will continue to do my best to keep the prices as affordable as possible & the content as exceptional as possible.

As the motto of my school says, "The 2nd Amendment gives you the Right to Bear Arms... just not the ability.
You have to go get that somewhere."
So if you can't train w/ us... do your homework... spend your money wisely... but GO TRAIN SOMEWHERE w/ professionals.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to a very productive and fun year training with these guys. I have taken multiple classes here and have never left a class without having added something valuable to my skill set. Shooting guns, to me, is a recreational sport,but carrying a gun every day requires a specific mindset. Protective Measures was the first formal classroom environment I ever had with a firearm, and helped give me the ability to carry a firearm with confidence. I have know taken the beginner courses multiple times and moved up into advanced courses with course material covering things such as shooting from cover, dynamic shooting positions, force on force, staged scenarios, and much more. You will not regret taking a class at ANY level from PM. When it comes to training, there is no better time than now.

Good write up Monty, as the hand progresses, well will see to the details. Enjoyed our conversations and hope to have many more.

Good Shooting Sir

looking forward to a new "home base"......all the best and thank you for that help in the past and looking forward to shooting more with you in the future!

When is this class taking place in Loganville?

My target date is sometime in either Mar. or April at the latest.
I hope to get the plans finalized by next week so I can PM all of the members who've stated that they want to attend.
There are approx. 25-30 members who have said they want to be in one or the other of the two classes but the actual turnout is always less but I want to give advance to those who've already said they want to attend.

I believe that we will be able to accomodate everyone even if we have to add one more date.

It was good meeting and talking with you at the M&G a couple weeks ago, Monty. I plan on trying to take some classes this year and I look forward to it. Very glad to hear all the good news going on up there.

Back
Top Bottom