• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Terra Nova

i think i found my new series... it shows you what good writing and directing can do for a show. A large buget helps too!

It looks like it could be interesting. What's the idea? The Earth is dying so they travel back in time to when the super continent Pangaea existed to start life over again.

thats what I am gathering. I have a feeling there will be a lot of space-time concepts involved. There are already exposed conflicts, subplots, and alterior motives!

not to mention the blond is hot in a bikini

lol. yeah. I think when spielberg gets his teeth in something he pushes it forward. Fox has deep pockets and wealthy supporters.

I give it a one and a half thumbs up. An boy it's harder to keep half a thumb down that ya might think. Good dino visuals. Some spectacular scenery. Characters are a little ...obvious maybe. Concept leaves a lot of 'splainin to do but you blow by the science of it pretty quick so the plot and action kind of sweep you along past the questions about the how's. One thing about the science that I thought was good was how they quieted the "Paradox" question by shunting the future to a "different timestream" when explaining the probe/beacon. The two big mysteries are shallow and, I found left me less curiour and intrigued than slightly irritated.

Was pretty impressed by a 16 year old boy taking only a few minutes to turn into Rambo the dino slayer when he was standing in the door crying while his dad fought for lil sis without even lifting a finger to help. To be fair it WAS 2 years difference in the movie but he really didn't act all that mature, responsible or courageous up til the incident. But maybe I'm just being too hard on him.

Overall it is a measure of the shows success that I am looking forward to next week. Maybe I can get the other thumb working properly then. ;)

One other thing, the guy that play the commander. Always liked him. He is kind of fatherly with a BIG Dollop of R Lee Ermy ass kicking. He has an odd but cool combination of gray hair and major biceps with a gamut of facial expressions from compassionate to cold killer. Great character actor.

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed honestly. Fringe also failed to win me over last friday as well. Boardwalk Empire also was lackluster. I hope Dexter will not disappoint. And I hope House picks up to end with a bang instead of fizzling out.

Terra Nova seemed cheap to me. The special effects felt more circa 1990's, especially the dinosaurs. (Or the plastic "armor" on the trucks) It was very slow for a pilot to me. I found myself walking into the living room checking my email and goofing off. There's too many inconsistencies as well for my mind to dismiss.

Back
Top Bottom