• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Technology today

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I find myself with many challenges with all the upgrades with technology..Our advancements in computers, solar energy and storing, communications, and electronics. The list is endless and outdated with economics obsolescence's, by the time I purchase it..
When my Son was in high school he came to me asking for me to purchase a $120.00 calculator for his physics course I believe it was a, Texas Instrument..When I took my first state boards test in Georgia, was the first time calculator were approved..I went to Radio Shack and picked one up for 20 bucks that had I believe 5 functions and was huge.. His was so complicate that, I did not even know how to turn it on..Point being, with so much technology being developed at this point, I hate to spend money on something that has already been updated. My son sent me a cell phone and told me to go to the cell phone place to have all of it put together..Verizon store put all of it together and said I was good to go...I had to ask them how to turn it on..I had a flip up phone for years and he said I was outdated and he put me on his company plan. He also said I could do as much as I wanted with the web and calls and all that crap..All I had a flip up phone was for emergency's on the road if needed..By the time I purchase something technological it's already been improved.. To me with all due respect, its frustrating..

Well I grew up in the coming of age with technology, i work in a field with ever advancing technology. I am offering my help at any point to you sir. If you have questions or need tech support feel free to hit me up. Met sniper22 sniper22 the other day had a long and great conversation, in which he spoke extremely high of you, and on that alone I offer my services.

Take the time to learn how to use it and enjoy the many benefits it provides you. It will actually make your life easier. Want to know how to take something apart? Search for it on YouTube and 99% of the time you’ll get multiple videos showing you how to do something. Want to know where to buy something or who has the best price? Just google search it. Those are just two examples. It will save you so much time and make things easier.

I find myself with many challenges with all the upgrades with technology..Our advancements in computers, solar energy and storing, communications, and electronics. The list is endless and outdated with economics obsolescence's, by the time I purchase it..
When my Son was in high school he came to me asking for me to purchase a $120.00 calculator for his physics course I believe it was a, Texas Instrument..When I took my first state boards test in Georgia, was the first time calculator were approved..I went to Radio Shack and picked one up for 20 bucks that had I believe 5 functions and was huge.. His was so complicate that, I did not even know how to turn it on..Point being, with so much technology being developed at this point, I hate to spend money on something that has already been updated. My son sent me a cell phone and told me to go to the cell phone place to have all of it put together..Verizon store put all of it together and said I was good to go...I had to ask them how to turn it on..I had a flip up phone for years and he said I was outdated and he put me on his company plan. He also said I could do as much as I wanted with the web and calls and all that crap..All I had a flip up phone was for emergency's on the road if needed..By the time I purchase something technological it's already been improved.. To me with all due respect, its frustrating..
As someone in the field of technology, it's even frustrating for me. Things become obsolete as quick as you can certify in them. In all honesty, I would love to ignore it all and get back to basics. So in that respect, I am envious of your situation. Don't let it run your life. If you have things that are working for you there's no sense in changing it and adding more stress than it's worth. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

The best technology runs parallel with you and not in front of you. If it's interrupting your life or making things more difficult it's best to move on.

I grew up with a quarter in my pocket to call My mother If I was in trouble, when I went to Special assignment in Boston my Colonel gave me a unit cell phone, I lost it in 15 minutes. HE said ok Vasquez no phone for you, but he did issue me a satellite phone to call my family from the Desert. Now , I have a cell phone because my daughter bought it for me 6 yrs ago. I don't like technology unless it he!ps me hit what I'm shooting at!

I grew up as the first generation of children to really begin using computers from a young age (90's kid) so I have always been around the internet and the increases in tech since then. Honestly though, I want to reduce the amount of technology in my life to as little as possible, only keeping the things that make my life easier.

Like someone said before, if the technology isn't helping simplify life, no sense in keeping it.

I've been thinking about setting up a YouTube channel for people of a certain demographic who have trouble dealing with technology. I'm 57 and I actually get along fine with it.

Even the simplest phones we have today have more technology and stronger computers, than the Apollo that went to the moon in 1969 (forgot the dates...getting old does suck sometimes) . Lol.
But i sure get your point DinkyDau DinkyDau , i am right there with you. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom