• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus

chaostat

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
258   0
Reaction score
Who here has experience with the G2C? Is it as good as I hear? Damn close in size to the P365, 12+1 capacity, reliable, and around $200 new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned two of them in the past and absolutely no issues with either one the first one I sold after about five hundred rounds and the second after a couple thousand

I recently bought one because of all of the good reviews and the price. $203 OTD. I had a Shield but the grip was just too thin for me. G2c being a double stack is more comfortable. And I like the additional round capacity. Have only about 300 rounds through it so far and no problems.

I have one and will pick up my second tomorrow. Accurate out of the box with adjustable sights if needed. Comes with two 12 round magazines. Trigger has a little hitch in it but is not heavy. I got used to it after a magazine or two. The magazines are very stiff will pick up a Maglula for the range. Very pleased so far only 300 rounds through it though. Internet reviews typically report 1000’s of rounds with no issues, we will see. Aftermarket support may be picking up some. Galloway has a replacement trigger out for them. I know you can also get a stainless guide rod Assy. As well. I am a happy customer.

If it's a saving of a few hundred dollars then I keep walking right by the Taurus case. But I had a few of the old taurus clunkers back in the day and I am bad about holding a grudge.

6E5BABF4-0557-4F75-8D86-3A2C9A040B9A.jpeg

I have the Millennium G2, from 2 years ago,
not the new "C" variant that doesn't have an internal disabling lock.

Mine has been very reliable.

It is much more ergonomic than a Glock 26.
The grip frame is remarkably slim for a gunnthat uses 12-round mags
and requires an extended magazine baseplate (factory standard) to let your pinky finger
have a place to rest.

BUT: 1- I don't think the G2C has a lifetime warranty.
All the new Taurus pistols only come with a one-year warranty.
I've bought many Taurus guns over the years, relying on their lifetime warranty,
and unfortunately I have had to use it several times !
I would pass on anything made by Taurus (that is their own design
and not just a copy of a long respected and proven design from some other manufacturer)
if Taurus didn't offer a lifetime or very long-term warranty.

2-- My trigger isn't heavy, or too long, but it feels mushy
like it's got too much sloppy in it and an uneven amount of pressure required during the pull stroke.

3-- My gun has adjustable sights, but it still shoots low even with the rear sight
adjusted as high as it can go. This is true with either 115 or 124 grain loads,
either standard pressure or +P.
All of them hit several inches below the point of aim at 15 yards

Back
Top Bottom