• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG
nobody else seems to have ever reviewed these.
So I will.
The Taurus PT111 Pro or " Millennium Pro" has a totally different trigger system from the first generation PT-111 (9mm) or other caliber PT Millennia in other calibers.
First generations were DAO.
Double action only.
The Pro variations were more like single action when the gun is coct, and there is NO DECOCKER. Unless you have a misfire, any time the chamber is loaded the trigger will be short and light.
THATS WHY THE MANUAL (thumb) SAFETY is nenessary for carrying this one (in my opinion).

BUT the gun has DA second-strike capability.

The gun pictured has a stainless steel barrel and slide over a pink polymer frame.
It's kinda heavy when loaded (12 + 1), but that tames the recoil.
The sights on this one are Henie "Straight Eight" sights, and very fast.
It came from the factory with those sights.
The color is factory standard too.

I like this gun.
She doesn't like carrying it, but she does pretty well shooting it.
In contrast, she likes carrying her .38 snubby but does not shoot it well. Not fast nor accurate.

This Taurus Pt-111 Pro sold new from a gun/pawn shop in Ellijay, GA in 2009 for about $450.

PS these pistols are included, along with the first generation Taurus millenniums, for the recall based on an allegation that they will fire if dropped shaken or miss handled even though the trigger is not pulled.

Quote from the Taurus recall website:
https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com/

If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.

I'm not sure that this is a really legitimate concern for my particular gun. I coked it on an empty chamber and I beat the snot out of it ---front and back in sideways I shook it as hard as I could. I rapped it with a book. It would not fire.

Back
Top Bottom