Take your time why dont you

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Finally showed up today :censored: that took long enough.. Applied to renew my permit two months before it expired.. here it is 12 weeks later and it finally shows up in the damn mail. I was getting ready to go into the probate court and ask wtf.. Now I know.. go ahead and renew it the full 90 days before as soon as your legally allowed to do it and maybe it will show up before the old one expires :wacko:

Temporary Renewal License
  • Any person who holds a license under this Code section to carry a pistol or revolver may, at the time he applies for a renewal of the license, also apply for a temporary renewal license if less than 90 days remain before expiration of the license he then holds or if his previous license has expired within the last 30 days.
  • Unless the judge of the probate court knows or is made aware of any fact which would make the applicant ineligible for a five-year renewal license, the judge shall at the time of application issue a temporary renewal license to the applicant.
  • Such a temporary renewal license shall be in the form of a paper receipt indicating the date on which the court received the renewal application and shall show the name, address, sex, age, and race of the applicant and that the temporary renewal license expires 90 days from the date of issue.
  • During its period of validity the temporary renewal permit, if carried on or about the holder's person together with the holder's previous license, shall be valid in the same manner and for the same purposes as a five-year license.
  • A $1.00 fee shall be charged by the probate court for issuance of a temporary renewal license.

For those that have less than 2 months before your license expires, it would probably be a good idea to get a temporary renewal when you apply.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflrenew.php

When I renewed 60 days out I didn't think I'd have to wait so long since when I originally applied for the licence 5 years ago I had it back in a week

Back
Top Bottom