• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tactics - Drawing on Bad Guy

This 21-year-old security guard at a nightclub intervene between two men who were in a heated argument. One of the men pulled a pistol. What did the security guard do? Of course he pulled his own pistol. That's perfectly legal --without question he had the right to use deadly force!

But the bad guy, in response, shot the guard. Remember, he had his gun out first and action is faster than reaction. The guard's choice go for his gun in the face of an already drawn gun guaranteed a shoot out was going to take place.

So it did. The security guard was shot first, in the gut. But he managed to shoot back, fatally wounding the bad guy. But the bad guy also shot the original person he was arguing with. So it ended with two men dead, and one was critically injured.

This was not a good outcome, even though the security guard's attempt to use deadly force to end the crime was perfectly legal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ks...ooting-outside-south-side-bar/?outputType=amp

https://www.wnpr.org/post/does-carrying-pistol-make-you-safer

See the middle portion of this anti-gun story. Read the section about about
Alaina Gonville, a woman from Detroit to openly carries a Glock and who used it during a recent carjacking attempt. Now she didn't fire the first shot --the bad guys did. So naturally she was in the right to fire back! However she was also openly carrying, and she thinks that the bad guys did not realize this until they approached her up close and at that point they decided to open fire on her. LET'S MAKE A HYPOTHETICAL OUT OF THIS CASE.

What if she were carrying *concealed* and then threw back her cover garment and began to draw? Wouldn't that be the same kind of surprise to her robbers that the bad guys actually did get by suddenly noticing her pistol in its holster?

If the things had happened that way, with her choosing to expose her concealed gun and try to begin using it) I believe it would have gone down exactly as it did in real life --the bad guys would fire first, she would return fire, the gunfight is on!

The results are not so good. She was hit in the forearm. Her arm and hand are crippled for life. The bad guys were apparently unhurt, and got away (but empty-handed, their robbery attempt was unsuccessful ). Those suspects were never ID'd and nobody's ever charged in the crime.

Quote:
"Gonville was coming home from work late at night. She'd stopped at a store...
Alaina was carrying her pistol openly on her hip.

"I'm assuming they saw my gun. That's when they opened fire from their vehicle...
She doesn't know if she hit them or not. The robber bolted. His henchmen sped out of the parking lot, spraying Gonville and her car with military-grade bullets.

"I got shot with an AK-47, and it basically blew my arm off. It was dangling. I carried it into the hospital. After four surgeries and a lot of prayer it's healed about 70 percent," she says.

Did she think that having a handgun that night saved her life or endangered her more?

"That's a good question. I replayed the situation in my head over and over. I can't say, but I'm glad I had it," she says."

https://www.wnpr.org/post/does-carrying-pistol-make-you-safer

See the middle portion of this anti-gun story. Read the section about about
Alaina Gonville, a woman from Detroit to openly carries a Glock and who used it during a recent carjacking attempt. Now she didn't fire the first shot --the bad guys did. So naturally she was in the right to fire back! However she was also openly carrying, and she thinks that the bad guys did not realize this until they approached her up close and at that point they decided to open fire on her. LET'S MAKE A HYPOTHETICAL OUT OF THIS CASE.

What if she were carrying *concealed* and then threw back her cover garment and began to draw? Wouldn't that be the same kind of surprise to her robbers that the bad guys actually did get by suddenly noticing her pistol in its holster?

If the things had happened that way, with her choosing to expose her concealed gun and try to begin using it) I believe it would have gone down exactly as it did in real life --the bad guys would fire first, she would return fire, the gunfight is on!

The results are not so good. She was hit in the forearm. Her arm and hand are crippled for life. The bad guys were apparently unhurt, and got away (but empty-handed, their robbery attempt was unsuccessful ). Those suspects were never ID'd and nobody's ever charged in the crime.

Quote:
"Gonville was coming home from work late at night. She'd stopped at a store...
Alaina was carrying her pistol openly on her hip.

"I'm assuming they saw my gun. That's when they opened fire from their vehicle...
She doesn't know if she hit them or not. The robber bolted. His henchmen sped out of the parking lot, spraying Gonville and her car with military-grade bullets.

"I got shot with an AK-47, and it basically blew my arm off. It was dangling. I carried it into the hospital. After four surgeries and a lot of prayer it's healed about 70 percent," she says.

Did she think that having a handgun that night saved her life or endangered her more?

"That's a good question. I replayed the situation in my head over and over. I can't say, but I'm glad I had it," she says."
Open carry immediately paints a target on the open carrier. Had she been carrying concealed, she could have just handed the keys over to the car jackers (hopefully they would not shoot her anyway) and let insurance handle it. (I know she had a right to defend herself once they fired the first shot, but I'm not sure how the law reads about defending property in MI)

Yes but he also took cover behind a steel safe (if I remember reading about that incident) while he drew his pistol.

No safe in the video, he was standing behind a glass display case, drew and fired on the thug that had his gun already pointing at him.

Open carry immediately paints a target on the open carrier. Had she been carrying concealed, she could have just handed the keys over to the car jackers (hopefully they would not shoot her anyway) and let insurance handle it. (I know she had a right to defend herself once they fired the first shot, but I'm not sure how the law reads about defending property in MI)

What are you basing this open carry theory on?

No safe in the video, he was standing behind a glass display case, drew and fired on the thug that had his gun already pointing at him.
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...ore-owner-shoots-kills-armed-robbery-suspect/

"Surveillance video shows Jimmy Groover, owner of Dixie Gun and Pawn, turning around when two suspects walk into his store on Dec. 26. Another employee raises his hands as the suspects charge in."

"At least one is wearing a mask and has a gun drawn, pointed in the direction of Groover and his employee. Groover wedged himself behind a gun safe in the back of the store. He said he heard one of them say, 'Get on the ground. I’m going to kill you.'”

That's when he was able to draw his pistol.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...ore-owner-shoots-kills-armed-robbery-suspect/

"Surveillance video shows Jimmy Groover, owner of Dixie Gun and Pawn, turning around when two suspects walk into his store on Dec. 26. Another employee raises his hands as the suspects charge in."

"At least one is wearing a mask and has a gun drawn, pointed in the direction of Groover and his employee. Groover wedged himself behind a gun safe in the back of the store. He said he heard one of them say, 'Get on the ground. I’m going to kill you.'”

That's when he was able to draw his pistol.

He stood NEXT to a safe, not behind it. Are you going to believe fake news or your lyin eyes?

Back
Top Bottom